Archives => Join Us => Topic started by: [Exile] on February 03, 2014, 12:34:30 AM
I am a 28-years old level designer living in France.
I've been working on different professional projects released on several plateformes (from Xbox 360 to mobile/tablets) using Unity or proprietary engines.
I also work on personal projects using Source or Unreal Engine (2.5 or 3.0): maps for Splinter cell Chaos Theory, Gears of War, Killing Floor...
I'm now seeking for a new project and yours is very interesting so I would like to join your team to work as a level designer and game designer.
I have a very good knowledge in scripting and level design in Unreal Engine editors so feel free to check my portfolio: http://www.jocelyn-garcia.com/ (http://www.jocelyn-garcia.com/)
I looked at some of the examples and I like it.
Could you give an example of the things you did for Crate Odyssey and the Splinter Cell map?
For Crate's Odyssey (UDK project):
- Game design
- 2D layout from paper concepts to Inkscape or Layout version
- Building (gameplay and art pass), scripting (Kismet) and blockout of different levels
- Video editing with Premiere
For C.P.U.S.A. (Splinter Cell Chaos Theory):
- 2D layout from paper concepts to Layout version
- Creation of the entire level from BSP to final art pass
- Playtests then iterations
- Scripting events (switch off the security systems, open a new path, activate electricity in flooded area...)
- Creation of textures with Photoshop
- Video edition with Premiere and After effects
If you need more informations, feel free to ask!