Just Rifle
1 (4.3%)
3 current guns tweaked slightly
13 (56.5%)
Just rifle tweaked slightly
5 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Farley4Fan

aggro would take a severe hit by not knowing what gun a merc has until they get shot at by it.  What is up with all thse possible aggro nerfs?

I <3 U

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on May 18, 2008, 12:02:51 PM
Quote from: Papa Skull on May 18, 2008, 06:53:43 AM
You could walk up to someone and have no idea they have a shotgun, then get your body destroyed.
Well, that's actually your recklessness. Just remember not to approach mercs from the front.

Actually its not, I know exactly what he means, I try to vary my play styles depending on which gun the merc has and well if i don't know, then its a bit of a shock getting my face blown by the old 12 gauge.

"Bugger me backwards i thought you had a rifle"

It would really limit aggro players as they would just be scared to aggro, not knowing what to expect.

3 Guns > 1 Gun.
3 Guns > 1 Gun w attachments.

Westfall

Quote from: FR33M4N on May 20, 2008, 08:41:20 PM
You could walk up to someone and have no idea they have a shotgun, then get your body destroyed.
Well, that's actually your recklessness. Just remember not to approach mercs from the front.

Actually its not, I know exactly what he means, I try to vary my play styles depending on which gun the merc has and well if i don't know, then its a bit of a shock getting my face blown by the old 12 gauge.

It would really limit aggro players as they would just be scared to aggro, not knowing what to expect.

3 Guns > 1 Gun.

I disagree with your final statements. Mostly because its not hard to counter aggro spies with rifle.

Gawain

Quote from: Westfall on May 20, 2008, 10:29:43 PM
I disagree with your final statements. Mostly because its not hard to counter aggro spies with rifle.
and especially not with the pt rifle and the optional boosted tazer...

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Rambo on May 20, 2008, 10:38:21 PM
and especially not with the pt rifle and the optional boosted tazer...

And phosphorous nades.  Just boosting the tazer is a good reason not to run towards a merc.  Now if he's got a p. nade cloud in front of him, a shotgun that looks like a rifle, and a boosted tazer, why would the spy even try to get close?  I'm done discussing that though. 

Can we all agree 1 gun with attachments would suck?
I know that we can't agree that 3 guns > 1 gun or vice versa, but whatever.  This will go on forever.

I <3 U

3 Guns > 1 Gun.

its not hard with rifle ur right but its alot easier with shotgun, LIKE BOOM HEADSHOT TAKE THAT BITCH!

Westfall

Quote from: FR33M4N on May 21, 2008, 12:03:10 AM

3 Guns > 1 Gun.

its not hard with rifle ur right but its alot easier with shotgun, LIKE BOOM HEADSHOT TAKE THAT BITCH!

Of course its easier because its a spray gun. Uzi would be just as easy b/c ppl get stuck in the ray of death. If its rifle though....real damage comes from placement of bullets as well as sniping (b/c they are more powerful). This is what the charge/berserk was implemented for. If it turns into an aggro game...where is the balance when a merc has shotty/uzi, tazer, nades, gm...thre isnt....but the same goes for rifle. It will always be unbalanced with aggro. What it comes down to is that shotty/uzi do so much damage up close when gadgets/moves can do the same thing. Another point: When you are shooting rifle at some1 in the animation of getting into a vent...you don't always kill him.....if its some1 getting into the vent and you have an uzi/shotty....the animation practically kills the spy for you. This needs to be adjusted by either quicker animations or deletion of uzi/shotty.

Gawain

i think most of you guys don't get the deadliness of the rifle up-close on a good server: 2(-3) normal-mode headshots kill a spy with 100hp, and in the chest it takes 5 bullets. without lag and host advantage there simply won't be any need for uzi or shotty unless you totally cripple the rifle, and on small maps shotty and uzi would be insanely op.