2 questions and 1 suggestion

Started by NIV369, June 22, 2007, 08:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NIV369

1. Will the maps be all around the world like in splinter cell or there will be no reminder to the country
2. How is the project going when do you think it will be finished? your doing great job

And my suggestion is how about a map in israel? there are many cool places and a great background for daylight and nightime missions

By the way im new ;D

frvge

Hi!

The location of the maps can be everywhere. From the North Pole to jungles in Peru, deserts too.
Of course, the game engine needs to support it and we'll have to scratch some things, but in theory most is possible.

The project is doing great, now that we have more specialized artists, but we're still looking for modeling and animationg and ESPECIALLY programming talent. We are working to get something out soon. So check back often ;)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LiVe.To.Di3

Quote from: NIV369 on June 22, 2007, 08:21:49 PM
1. Will the maps be all around the world like in splinter cell or there will be no reminder to the country
2. How is the project going when do you think it will be finished? your doing great job

And my suggestion is how about a map in israel? there are many cool places and a great background for daylight and nightime missions

By the way im new ;D
2. i think that the project is going well and should be done in a (year?)
and the maps will probably be like in ct, just maps lol and with a little background like each map in ct

frvge

1 year? Hmz, I dont know. Depends how much we can do with the Unreal Engine 3 and the modding of UT3.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LiVe.To.Di3

you think it might be earlier then 1 year? i was thinking around 1 year or like 9 months?

Vega

I think he's saying it's going to be longer than 1 year.  We really need a programmer to get this show on the road.

LiVe.To.Di3

well i guess and anyways my mate in ct humblepie thinks its gona take more then like 2 years because he told me it took ubi 4 years to make ct lol. but idk i guess we must wait and see

goodkebab

What UBI produced and what we are producing have no comparison in deadlines.

Seriously....it would take maybe a team of 6 people 6months to produce CT versus if they worked on it full time.

We dont have that of course...

Overstatement

Quote from: goodkebab on June 23, 2007, 10:09:06 AM
What UBI produced and what we are producing have no comparison in deadlines.

Seriously....it would take maybe a team of 6 people 6months to produce CT versus if they worked on it full time.

We dont have that of course...

The actual CT or the mod PS because that seems kind of low to me.

goodkebab

The company I work for  works like this:

3 artists:
1 dedicated to environments....  finishes 1 map per month
1 character Artist....only 2 characters so jumps on to environments or UI when finished
1 animator:  3 months to do everything but starts after character artist is finished....the rest  can be compensated by doing UI ...which for CT shouldnt take more then a month. (2 weeks if I did it)

3 programmers

1 for UI
1 for Engine
1 for Scripts

I forgot of course about game designer, project manager and testers....which could conceivably add 3 months for bug testing and tweaks for game balance.