Main Menu

Estimated date?

Started by Jordan, August 16, 2011, 07:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

SCDA Single Player was ridiculously buggy. Did a full stealth, but got triggered, and then it crashed. Also during loading... and saving... Arg
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

Oooooooooooh. I get it. You played the PC Version.

No wonder.

My 360 and I had fun times with it. Either that, or I just missed all the bugs and was blinded by fun.

...except for that like... Sudoku cube... that sucked.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

NeoSuperior

Quote from: savior2006
SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.

a rain forest got more bugs, than SCDA has codes, scripts, graphics and so on... so... since SCDA had more bugs than a rain forest, it would mean that SCDA's bug must extend even over the game itself...

Ahhhhhh... now i understand... so the bugs got into the heads of the developers, and other ubi-games too... now everything about UBI's "quality fall" makes sense  8)
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

LennardF1989

If you look through the bugs, SCDA for PC is fun to play. I also played the PS2 version on the PC (PS2 emulators are getting better and better!), which was basically CT - interface and engine wise -, which automatically made it a better game. I can recommend you guys play it if you want to enjoy SCDA (it has a completely different story-line, too).

Jordan

Speaking of the old Splinter Cells, I would love to see Cinema and Vertigo make their way into future SvM installments...if we get so lucky.

What SvM maps were everyones favorites?

AgentX_003

Quote from: Jordan on August 18, 2011, 11:17:11 AM
Speaking of the old Splinter Cells, I would love to see Cinema and Vertigo make their way into future SvM installments...if we get so lucky.

What SvM maps were everyones favorites?

Hate to burst ya bubble , but they can't by the official dev team due to copyright reasons , however they can make it if someone decides to create it on thier own with all custom built textures  / models.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

NeoSuperior

that is already underway with warehouse. So its not impossible.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

I wouldn't say it's underway, he only built like 2 minutes of the map, people will believe in that more when he built half of the level.

Bubbaganoosh

DA was the only game I didn't like so far. I play SC games for the stealth aspect. Sneaking
around looking for your objectives or whatever is what the whole series is all about imo. Not
walking around going through the bullshit they made you endure just to go on. If I wanted
to play something that makes me have to make moral decisions I'll go back to the real
world. I play games to get away from that shit. Yes it was bugged but the game itself was
flawed to me as it drastically deviated from the original concept of the series. I don't think I
even finished the game tbh.
Sure there was stealth in the game but it was overshadowed by the rest of the crap they called
a game.
$0.02 (CDN)
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Zedblade

Am I the only one that loved Conviction? At the very least it had the best cover system of any game... ever. It's also kinda sad that Convition is the only SC game I've beaten the SP on...

Anyway, whether or not SC6 has SvM or not is irrelevant. If they don't then great, if they do then competition breeds evolution. In the end PS can only get better because of it.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: Justus on August 18, 2011, 08:23:10 PM
Am I the only one that loved Conviction? At the very least it had the best cover system of any game... ever. It's also kinda sad that Convition is the only SC game I've beaten the SP on...

Anyway, whether or not SC6 has SvM or not is irrelevant. If they don't then great, if they do then competition breeds evolution. In the end PS can only get better because of it.

Also, they would need to gave some impressive stuff to show, because if it will be same or just a bit better than Project Stealth? Everyone will pick the free option.

Also, I agree, the SP on Conviction was very weak, but the CO-OP, Archer and Kestrel, Cover to cover system was absolutely the best out of all I ever seen. I just wonder how DX:HR will do with it's, but so far it's also as good as Conviction, though they don't have Cover to go forward like Conviction does.

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunlock on August 18, 2011, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: Justus on August 18, 2011, 08:23:10 PM

Also, they would need to gave some impressive stuff to show, because if it will be same or just a bit better than Project Stealth? Everyone will pick the free option.

Also, I agree, the SP on Conviction was very weak, but the CO-OP, Archer and Kestrel, Cover to cover system was absolutely the best out of all I ever seen. I just wonder how DX:HR will do with it's, but so far it's also as good as Conviction, though they don't have Cover to go forward like Conviction does.

on a different note regarding convictions, just to add fuel to the fire;Convictions only had unreal 2.5, and Project stealth was using Unreal 3,
so even if Ubisoft tries for once in thier failed history , as they say history will repeat itself, so in theory Ubisoft is going to use another outdated engine for sc 6 and Project stealth wins cause its using UDK  ( technically Unreal 3.5) soo gg, PS wins, ubi fails end of story. Plus UDk is a constant evolution so thus yeeah more win .

DreadStunLock

And what stops them from getting Unreal Engine 3? (And I doubt PS is made on Unreal Engine 3.5, since Wiki has nothing on it) Ubisoft is a major french company that has net worth of 90 million dollars net worth, do you think they will use UDK to do their stuff and pay the little company fee? No, they will buy the UDK with source code, so what you said is completely ultimate bollocks.

AgentX_003

Quote from: DreadStunlock on August 18, 2011, 09:56:53 PM
And what stops them from getting Unreal Engine 3? (And I doubt PS is made on Unreal Engine 3.5, since Wiki has nothing on it) Ubisoft is a major french company that has net worth of 90 million dollars net worth, do you think they will use UDK to do their stuff and pay the little company fee? No, they will buy the UDK with source code, so what you said is completely ultimate bollocks.

theres nothing stopping them other then the fact that they are just very lazy when it comes to being developers.
Im sure even someone like yourself can start to realise that =/ , you put too much faith in that company , just like
the many others who are still stuck in that Ubi-soft will save us trance. Also look up the actual documentation
about UDK it uses Unreal 3.5 and also to back that theory up I remember frvge mentioning it some where on this forum.

Here is your proof since your soo determined into proving me wrong : http://community.projectstealthgame.com/forums/index.php?topic=2004.msg43006#msg43006 .

DreadStunLock

Quote from: AgentX_003 on August 19, 2011, 01:53:05 AM
Quote from: DreadStunlock on August 18, 2011, 09:56:53 PM

theres nothing stopping them other then the fact that they are just very lazy when it comes to being developers.
Im sure even someone like yourself can start to realise that =/ , you put too much faith in that company , just like
the many others who are still stuck in that Ubi-soft will save us trance. Also look up the actual documentation
about UDK it uses Unreal 3.5 and also to back that theory up I remember frvge mentioning it some where on this forum.

Here is your proof since your soo determined into proving me wrong : http://community.projectstealthgame.com/forums/index.php?topic=2004.msg43006#msg43006 .

No way, I terrorize Ubisoft on Facebook, criticizing them on every wall post they make. Like, they had a celebration in Chine or Japan was it? For some other Ubisoft company they had, and I just asked them what hell they are celebrating because their games suck.