disk type objective

Started by Gawain, April 04, 2008, 10:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2C LeBron

To tell you guys the truth now that i have played both(pc version roxorz now since i got my 360 controller to work for spy) that the pc version is better.  One reason i liked the pc version is the toggle to walk super slow.  In xbox everyone had to pull their gun out to avoid getting blown up by proxies, in pc its awesome cus you can just press the slow walk and your good.  Keep it how pc is ;) its far better. 

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on April 11, 2008, 08:18:16 AM
even if there are several speeds on the console version, it doesn't make any sense to use more than the one's the pc players are using. crouch (or crouch-dive) to get somewhere silently, slow mode to not set off motion tracking and mines or go extra silently through vents/ceiling/grab position, and running to move as fucking fast as you can.
different speeds would only make sense with a sound system like spekkio suggested.

It adds realism!!!! two modes is fucking retarded and you know it, stop defending the undefendable. XBOX SPEED SYSTEM > PC SPEED SYSTEM. Play it on xbox, and youll see just how much more ownage it is.

I <3 U

Quote from: T2C LeBron on April 11, 2008, 06:22:52 PM
To tell you guys the truth now that i have played both(pc version roxorz now since i got my 360 controller to work for spy) that the pc version is better.  One reason i liked the pc version is the toggle to walk super slow.  In xbox everyone had to pull their gun out to avoid getting blown up by proxies, in pc its awesome cus you can just press the slow walk and your good.  Keep it how pc is ;) its far better. 

Thats not true, just move the damn analog up only slightly!

T2C LeBron

Its not ownage freeman, plus this isn't super realism game anyway .  Just my opinion, never heard of you b4 freeman whats your gt.

T2C LeBron

Quote from: FR33M4N on April 11, 2008, 06:24:40 PM

Um your wrong everyone(that was good) usually pulled out their gun with hbd. 

I <3 U

Quote from: T2C LeBron on April 11, 2008, 06:25:37 PM
Its not ownage freeman, plus this isn't super realism game anyway .  Just my opinion, never heard of you b4 freeman whats your gt.

XX FR33M4N XX :D. It adds tension as much as realism. When uve just got sprayed by a merc its alot harder to keep that analog stick in the same place, to disable the proxies because you're (in want for a better word) nervouse he might see you again or something. The tension the xbox speed system brang is insane, and i dont think anyone could argue with that  ;).

I <3 U

Quote from: T2C LeBron on April 11, 2008, 06:26:35 PM

I didnt need to. I must be too pro  ;). Tbh i played it alot more on pc than xbox. Even still its not neccesary for you to pull out HBS to disable proxy on xbox, that's what i was trying to say.

T2C LeBron

Ahh now i remember you, my gts are t2c lebron(haven't played much ct under this) PointedCow, and cF the answer.  Yea it does add tension ill agree with you there BUT i rather be more effective then be more tense if that makes since.  I rather win basically then die from a mine that i shouldn't have died from.

T2C LeBron

Quote from: FR33M4N on April 11, 2008, 06:29:05 PM
Quote from: T2C LeBron on April 11, 2008, 06:26:35 PM

I didnt need to. I must be too pro  ;). Tbh i played it alot more on pc than xbox. Even still its not neccesary for you to pull out HBS to disable proxy on xbox, that's what i was trying to say.

Yea its not necessary for HBD but it you use to see if any mercs or running up on yea so you don't get blind sided while disabling a mine.

I <3 U

Quote from: T2C LeBron on April 11, 2008, 06:30:23 PM
Ahh now i remember you, my gts are t2c lebron(haven't played much ct under this) PointedCow, and cF the answer.  Yea it does add tension ill agree with you there BUT i rather be more effective then be more tense if that makes since.  I rather win basically then die from a mine that i shouldn't have died from.

If a better speed system was added, one could easily adjust to it. IMO the xbox speed system is perfect. I think the PC speed system is overpowering if you know what i mean. I mean it is really easy to disable a proxy on pc. Maybe disabling proxies should be harder, as it is really easy on pc. There is really no skill in taking a proxy off in PC (provided you hear it) but with xbox you must hold you're nerve which is why i like it alot.  Now I know that alot of people will disagree with what ive just said but i suggest you try playing ct on xbox just to see what i mean.

Gawain

making basic stuff harder by making the controls harder is a really bad idea.
we don't need any new speed system unless we implement something like spekkio's noise system.

T2C LeBron

Quote from: FR33M4N on April 11, 2008, 06:35:03 PM
Quote from: T2C LeBron on April 11, 2008, 06:30:23 PM

If a better speed system was added, one could easily adjust to it. IMO the xbox speed system is perfect. I think the PC speed system is overpowering if you know what i mean. I mean it is really easy to disable a proxy on pc. Maybe disabling proxies should be harder, as it is really easy on pc. There is really no skill in taking a proxy off in PC (provided you hear it) but with xbox you must hold you're nerve which is why i like it alot.  Now I know that alot of people will disagree with what ive just said but i suggest you try playing ct on xbox just to see what i mean.

hmm maybe my 2k + hours of ct on xbox isn't enough yea i always played it on xbox and just started playing on pc. 

Xris

just wanted to had PT had this feature and nobody liked is thats why it was changed ...
you would have to scroll your mouse wheel ALL the way to the top or bottom to get the desiered effects, there was in between speeds, but they either got u killed by mines cause u were going to fast or by mercs cause you were going to slow.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Make the scrolling speed change/ 2 speed mode an option.

Cyntrox

FR33M4N: It's impossible anyways since this is a PC mod and there's no analog sticks on PC.