****New Spy Gadget Idea ****

Started by AgentX_003, September 01, 2008, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I <3 U

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on September 03, 2008, 07:44:01 AM
Flashlight batteries should need to be replaced.

I'm not sure this is a big issue in CT though. More often than not when the mercs have his headlight on all the time its easy for the spy to locate them, and judge jumping on them easier. That could just be me though. I see your logic.

And whoever said HBS should drain battery is a god. +1 for them. +1 for the Camo idea too. Thing that annoys me is we get no word from the devs as to whether they are considering putting some of our ideas in, so they just get talked about all the time.

frvge

We're not in the stage of that yet. It's got no use to talk about the color of a car in the motor-design-phase. But I tag ideas that I, personally, find interesting.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

@westfall: i don't think that my eq system suggestion is perfect, but im 100% sure that there is an imbalance. and no, making camo drain more energy while moving is a very very bad idea. on the camnet sound: i guess it should only make a noise while being moved (but i'm not sure about that).

@spekkio: if you think camnet is useless on orph, you obviously never played solidus&snakebit on that map.

@liquid: using the flashlight already has severe drawbacks like giving away one's position (and fov and not being in special visions) and is one of the very basic tools. it would be crappy gameplay is the counter vs flashlight would be just camping and waiting instead of moving quickly out of range/behind cover.

I <3 U

Quote from: frvge on September 03, 2008, 12:18:33 PM
We're not in the stage of that yet. It's got no use to talk about the color of a car in the motor-design-phase. But I tag ideas that I, personally, find interesting.

Ok great, just so long as we know you guys are taking note  ;D.

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on September 03, 2008, 03:29:23 PM
@westfall: i don't think that my eq system suggestion is perfect, but im 100% sure that there is an imbalance. and no, making camo drain more energy while moving is a very very bad idea. on the camnet sound: i guess it should only make a noise while being moved (but i'm not sure about that).

@spekkio: if you think camnet is useless on orph, you obviously never played solidus&snakebit on that map.

@liquid: using the flashlight already has severe drawbacks like giving away one's position (and fov and not being in special visions) and is one of the very basic tools. it would be crappy gameplay is the counter vs flashlight would be just camping and waiting instead of moving quickly out of range/behind cover.

Your eq system is stupid. I'm sorry but its so unrealistic, and punishes for dying, which is a punishment in itself. Not trying to be mean but I think you're the only person that actually likes the idea, and if thats the case you know its never gonna happen. Refill boxes for merc, and thinking about it, do spies really need refill boxes. I mean, they dont run out of EQ that often, and its easy enough to get around without any. The only time i run out of nades, is if im covering someone else / aggroing.

Gawain

if you believe it or not, there are skilled players that don't die that regularily like you do (and would die even less often if they wouldn't run out of eq). afaik you're also a players using heartbeat sensor and not spy bullets, so at least you never run out of recon.
tbh, i won't care much about this kinda big imbalance in the current eq system any more because you guys must be blind not to see the problem with 5 nades compared to 25, and i'm just gonna use a way around it: suiciding/teamkilling as merc for eq, and flash-camo-whatever-hbs as spy.

so about related stuff: why does the amount of every gadget have to be 4 or 5? how could a balanced refill system look like? => eq thread.

back on thread topic: i suggest either letting this thread die or discussion a new emp/hack ability for the sticky shocker.

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on September 03, 2008, 04:54:14 PM
if you believe it or not, there are skilled players that don't die that regularily like you do (and would die even less often if they wouldn't run out of eq). afaik you're also a players using heartbeat sensor and not spy bullets, so at least you never run out of recon.
tbh, i won't care much about this kinda big imbalance in the current eq system any more because you guys must be blind not to see the problem with 5 nades compared to 25, and i'm just gonna use a way around it: suiciding/teamkilling as merc for eq, and flash-camo-whatever-hbs as spy.

so about related stuff: why does the amount of every gadget have to be 4 or 5? how could a balanced refill system look like? => eq thread.

back on thread topic: i suggest either letting this thread die or discussion a new emp/hack ability for the sticky shocker.

Enough with the calling me nooobbb. Wasn't necessary, i already know i suck ;D. This thread contains all our ideas about the refill boxes aswell. Spy eq boxes arent needed as you hardly ever run out of stuff. Merc refill boxes are perfect, and simple and get the job done. Place them well and its fine.

Spekkio

Quote@spekkio: if you think camnet is useless on orph, you obviously never played solidus&snakebit on that map.
I have, and I still think it's useless. I don't have to think it pwnzers just because Solidus/Snakebit take an item on a certain map.

Gawain

i'm usually using double-bp on orph, but camnet can come in quite handy because it helps you to look into the ceiling in some important spots. it's also quite strong because with the heavy rain eax-superhearing doesn't really work that well and if you're opponents use snares and make use of many spy-only routes, you are kinda screwed.
actually this is the ideal example of a balanced gadget: several really good players have several opinions about it's use.

Roberto1223

Quote from: Rambo on September 01, 2008, 06:16:52 PM
camnet with time limit? that's almost as much bullshit like agent's idea XD

im with Rambo, first i thought i was with westfall too but, "timelimit on camnet"? are you kidding lol!!! dude just cause u have had trouble against mercs who use camnet dosent mean u can propose an idea to ur personal advantage, just use teamwork or outsmart the god damn merc who cant really see what the hell is going on infront of him.

besides what if ur moving in on the merc using camnet wanting to break his neck and now with that dumb idea u gotta count in ur head to see if u can attack him or not, thats bs..

if ur arguement is that mercs back up to corners when using camnet then we should fix that, not the gadget, see my point?

maybe we should make a camnet that is like virtual reality to the merc, where if he wants to turn the camera he has to turn his whole boddy, not just press a button that way, the merc wont be able to put his back to the wall with camnet to save his ass.

and Agent, nah ur idea isnt that good, like rambo said its just unecesary and taking up space, we all love this game how it is, maybe just adding new functions to same gadgets is better, like alarm snare should activate near by alarms, not only affect mercs noise sensor.

I <3 U

Quote from: Roberto1223 on September 04, 2008, 07:16:50 AM
like alarm snare should activate near by alarms, not only affect mercs noise sensor.

Lol it does, if you shoot it at the alarm. Lawl.

Gawain

but it could also trigger hacking alerts at random times if placed next to a hacking panel =)

Westfall

Quote from: Roberto1223 on September 04, 2008, 07:16:50 AM

im with Rambo, first i thought i was with westfall too but, "timelimit on camnet"? are you kidding lol!!! dude just cause u have had trouble against mercs who use camnet dosent mean u can propose an idea to ur personal advantage, just use teamwork or outsmart the god damn merc who cant really see what the hell is going on infront of him.

Its funny because you actually don't make a legitimate argument at all. Its not because I've had trouble with mercs using camnet. The time limit is so that the piece of eq. isn't infinite. If you read through the thread you would have seen that. The same should go for hbs.

besides what if ur moving in on the merc using camnet wanting to break his neck and now with that dumb idea u gotta count in ur head to see if u can attack him or not, thats bs..

Thats not BS. Thats a risk you're taking. It could happen at any moment when the merc turns off camnet anyways. Its a chance thing that takes a gamble. If it turns off because the battery drained, then its just bad luck on your part....but really it would be practically the same as a merc switching it off and you standing right next to him. I just don't want the gadget infinite.

Spekkio

Quote from: Rambo on September 03, 2008, 11:01:28 PM
i'm usually using double-bp on orph, but camnet can come in quite handy because it helps you to look into the ceiling in some important spots. it's also quite strong because with the heavy rain eax-superhearing doesn't really work that well and if you're opponents use snares and make use of many spy-only routes, you are kinda screwed.
actually this is the ideal example of a balanced gadget: several really good players have several opinions about it's use.
But it's still gay.

Gawain

Quote from: Westfall on September 04, 2008, 04:14:16 PM
Its funny because you actually don't make a legitimate argument at all. Its not because I've had trouble with mercs using camnet. The time limit is so that the piece of eq. isn't infinite. If you read through the thread you would have seen that. The same should go for hbs.
so your point is that something being infinite is bad because.... it's infinite???

basically balancing camnet is pretty easy: have enough counters that are good for intense gameplay. for instance, some routes not covered by camnet, vulnerable/immobile/blind merc while using it etc. the whole problem on maps like factory is that camnet basically covers everything and that there are some central save points to camp with it (corridor B mainly). having camnet drain some battery power doesn't help shit because against good players you only cycle through the cams very quickly because you have to be on the move anyways.