Suggestion Thread

Started by SoN_RaVeN, March 01, 2010, 06:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoN_RaVeN

Hey Guys, I just have recently heard of Project Stealth, and im actually surprised i never heard of it before... and also a bit upset about it, i wish i would have known about this for longer. Than i noticed that there was no Proper Suggestion Thread where ALL people can post there idears and discuss about them (or at least i havnt found one)

So Here we go: Ill make the start:

In my oppinion, SC DA and SC CT are both very good games, CT has a lot of deapth in gameplay, it is very complicated, but the maps are kept very basic, with almost no passages for spies, DA is the exact opposide: Very Simple Gameplay, but complicated maps, Now, both have there advantages, In CT you can have very impressive traps with Laser mines and other things, but in DA you can outsmart the enemy by using the vents in the map... I prefer the CT gamestyle, but what upsets me a bit about it is, it is only for 2v2, And my first suggestion is, to have both, maps for 2v2 and for 3v3 because in a team of 3, people can use totally diffrent approaches than in 2v2, in 2v2s, there are more limits in teamplay, which i think is very sad.(I guess some of you will totally flame me for this comment, but i think it is importaint that anybody can express there own oppinion) Some might prefer 2v2, some 3v3, but i know that most love the CT gameplay, so i think the best game in my oppion to have would be:

- The movement speed From DA but keeping the importaint stealth elements from CT
- complicated maps like in DA.
- Game modes from Both Titles(all CT gamemodes, but for the DA fans also a mode with wireless terminal hacking).
- Maybe some "remakes" without breaking any copyrightlaws.
- The awesome gadets from CT.
- the ability to customiseable charakters and interface.
- 2v2 AND 3v3, why having only one, if it could be possible to do both  ;D
- A team that actually removes glitches, from game and "original" maps
- The first stealth game where JUMPING can save yourself from beeing grabbed... We all know how depressive it is when your about to grab somebody and the person Jumps, and you cant grab him...

Edit: I think the last point also counts as a glitch... but is woth mentioning by its own because it sometimes P%$§ED the SH§"T out of me when playing SC

But tell me about your oppinions, what do you guys think?

Tidenburg

Quote- The movement speed From DA but keeping the importaint stealth elements from CT Naw, it encouraged rushing the mercenaries. When you go from DA to CT, sure it feels sluggish, but the movement speed alone isn't slow in Chaos
- complicated maps like in DA. That's a matter of opinion, I far prefered the maps from chaos theory (though one or two in DA did stick out for me)
- Game modes from Both Titles(all CT gamemodes, but for the DA fans also a mode with wireless terminal hacking). I don't think that'll be on the priority list any time soon, imo distance hacks were a bit lame and encouraged the hack'n'run behaviour of sprinting between terminals even to get the tiniest hack
- Maybe some "remakes" without breaking any copyrightlaws. Already being discussed
- The awesome gadets from CT. Yeah huh
- the ability to customiseable charakters and interface. Not a priority
- 2v2 AND 3v3, why having only one, if it could be possible to do both 3v3 would completely change the dynamic, it may seem cool but, when you think about it, 3 spies could easily gang-rape the mercenaries if they just picked them off

AgentX_003

Quote from: SoN_RaVeN on March 01, 2010, 06:37:48 PM
Hey Guys, I just have recently heard of Project Stealth, and im actually surprised i never heard of it before... and also a bit upset about it, i wish i would have known about this for longer. Than i noticed that there was no Proper Suggestion Thread where ALL people can post there idears and discuss about them (or at least i havnt found one)

So Here we go: Ill make the start:

In my oppinion, SC DA and SC CT are both very good games, CT has a lot of deapth in gameplay, it is very complicated, but the maps are kept very basic, with almost no passages for spies, DA is the exact opposide: Very Simple Gameplay, but complicated maps, Now, both have there advantages, In CT you can have very impressive traps with Laser mines and other things, but in DA you can outsmart the enemy by using the vents in the map... I prefer the CT gamestyle, but what upsets me a bit about it is, it is only for 2v2, And my first suggestion is, to have both, maps for 2v2 and for 3v3 because in a team of 3, people can use totally diffrent approaches than in 2v2, in 2v2s, there are more limits in teamplay, which i think is very sad.(I guess some of you will totally flame me for this comment, but i think it is importaint that anybody can express there own oppinion) Some might prefer 2v2, some 3v3, but i know that most love the CT gameplay, so i think the best game in my oppion to have would be:

- The movement speed From DA but keeping the importaint stealth elements from CT
- complicated maps like in DA.
- Game modes from Both Titles(all CT gamemodes, but for the DA fans also a mode with wireless terminal hacking).
- Maybe some "remakes" without breaking any copyrightlaws.
- The awesome gadets from CT.
- the ability to customiseable charakters and interface.
- 2v2 AND 3v3, why having only one, if it could be possible to do both  ;D
- A team that actually removes glitches, from game and "original" maps
- The first stealth game where JUMPING can save yourself from beeing jumped!

But tell me about your oppinions, what do you guys think?

1. already covered my from understanding
2. Already thought of.
3. its 2 v 2 for now / but once a polished base there will possibly 3 v 3.
4.UDK editor will help those out interms of making thier own maps .
5. thats already done interms of the gadgets.. just search project stealth moddb in google and u''ll see.
6. Already customizable with Kebabs Character customization pack.
7. Thats the original intent of this project is well everything is done from scratch from maps to models so any old problems will not exist due to it being a new engine.
8. I don't quite acknowledge that interrogative

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

1: We're sticking with the original SAM type gameplay, including speed, gadgets with some improvements and slightly changed behaviour to get rid of gameplay annoyances.
2: Depends on the mapper. Mercs dont have that weird DA proximity sensor, so there's no need for Spies to be able to get away quickly from each point in the map. -> Less vents needed. If you are in a bad position as a Spy, it's your own screw-up.
3: Wireless hacking is not currently possible. Maybe later. The framework should have some hook, but I'm not sure about that.
4: We will only make original maps. If you want remakes, you can use UDK.
5: What about even more awesome ;)?
6: Maybe later. Interfaces are probably a no-go.
7: Support for that is in the code. We're really modular. Teams of 1 Spy and 1 Merc vs another team are also possible. Not going to be implemented for now, but it's possible in the framework.
8: Of course! We'll probably set up a public bugtracker.
9: Doesn't make sense to me.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SoN_RaVeN

Quote from: frvge on March 01, 2010, 07:11:30 PM
9: Doesn't make sense to me.You know, they sometimes do it in CT, but in DA it is very effective; the moment the mercs jump, you cant grab them, so they spin, Than jump, and while jumping they turn 90Ã,° so you cant grab them, in CT you could only jump once evry 2 seconds or so, but in DA you can jump nonstop, and therefore if you jump while turning you became "ungrabbable"(any other defenition for this awesome word) =D

frvge

We'll just make jumping have a slight delay and/or mess with your accuracy.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SoN_RaVeN

Quote from: frvge on March 01, 2010, 07:33:18 PM
We'll just make jumping have a slight delay and/or mess with your accuracy.

Wouldnt it be just simpler, that the game ignores if the person jumps or not? because otherwise people WILL use it to avoid to get there necks broken

frvge

There are at least two ways to fix it:
- bunnyhopping causes people to miss a grab, so remove and/or punish the bunny hopping
- allow people to grab a jumping merc.

The first deals with a bigger problem that also affects tasering the Merc and so on, and is generally considered an annoyance. The second is a subset of the first and is specifically targeted for that one problem. IMO it's better to fix it by using the first approach.

The sides of 'what is an annoyance' needs to be weighted carefully. Some annoyances can be good for gameplay in some cases, like a Merc not being able to jump across a small rail.

Playtesting should point these things out. I think that with common sense, it'll be fairly easy to pick out the wrong things.

LennardF1989

Wireless hacking is easily possible in the current framework, how did you came to the assumption it wasn't, frvge?

Farley4Fan

I do agree I thought the ventilation systems in DA were a bit more fun to explore and master pathways.

frvge

Quote from: LennardF1989 on March 01, 2010, 09:00:50 PM
Wireless hacking is easily possible in the current framework, how did you came to the assumption it wasn't, frvge?
I meant that in PS 1 it won't be possible. As I said, the framework is capable of doing it (wasn't 100% sure on that).

Spark Mandriller

Quote from: SoN_RaVeN on March 01, 2010, 06:37:48 PM
- The first stealth game where JUMPING can save yourself from beeing grabbed... We all know how depressive it is when your about to grab somebody and the person Jumps, and you cant grab him...

Edit: I think the last point also counts as a glitch... but is woth mentioning by its own because it sometimes P%$Ã,§ED the SHÃ,§"T out of me when playing SC

Maybe you should try sneaking up on people instead of charging them.

VaNilla

As for the point about complex maps... a level of complexity needs to be explored, but if you have too many options, the gameplay becomes so unpredictable that any competitive aspect of the map is dissolved.

SoN_RaVeN

Just asking, is there any version avalable for the public to play yet? :>

frvge

Quote from: SoN_RaVeN on March 02, 2010, 03:10:19 PM
Just asking, is there any version avalable for the public to play yet? :>
We don't want people to get a wrong impression, so please wait for a more stable release.