Suggestion Thread

Started by SoN_RaVeN, March 01, 2010, 06:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Ambiguous Rocket on March 02, 2010, 07:52:32 AM
Quote from: SoN_RaVeN on March 01, 2010, 06:37:48 PM
- The first stealth game where JUMPING can save yourself from beeing grabbed... We all know how depressive it is when your about to grab somebody and the person Jumps, and you cant grab him...

Edit: I think the last point also counts as a glitch... but is woth mentioning by its own because it sometimes P%$Ã,§ED the SHÃ,§"T out of me when playing SC

Maybe you should try sneaking up on people instead of charging them.

Being aggressive and in the merc's face is a legitimate playstyle, but then again those who are aggro wouldn't get mad because they know what happens when a merc jumps. 

Quote from: STON3COLDKILLA on March 02, 2010, 02:56:53 PM
As for the point about complex maps... a level of complexity needs to be explored, but if you have too many options, the gameplay becomes so unpredictable that any competitive aspect of the map is dissolved.

Yeah I agree.  Hopefully the map makers hit a balance point.  Somewhere between CT and DA.

Farley4Fan

Hey Lennard.  Get your sig out ma POST NOW!

AgentX_003

Quote from: FarleyFan on March 04, 2010, 02:38:14 AM
Hey Lennard.  Get your sig out ma POST NOW!

when you ever gunna start playing games with this community rather then running ur mouth =/ ?

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

Farley, which browser do you have? That shouldn't happen.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

IE8, Windows 7.  It only happened one time and I decided to take a screen because it looked funny.  It's not happening now lol

Spark Mandriller

why would anyone ever use ie

why

LennardF1989

Quote from: AgentX_003 on March 04, 2010, 02:39:57 AM
when you ever gunna start playing games with this community rather then running ur mouth =/ ?
The irony!

SoN_RaVeN

Quote from: frvge on March 02, 2010, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: SoN_RaVeN on March 02, 2010, 03:10:19 PM
Just asking, is there any version avalable for the public to play yet? :>
We don't want people to get a wrong impression, so please wait for a more stable release.

I agree, its better to have a game thats fun to play, and where you can see how much time the creators actually spend time at, that having an ugly looking game with loads of bugs (DA!!!!)

Farley4Fan

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Suggestion:
Give spies personal teleporters, but take away all their gadgets.
The spy would have to sneak up into the place he wants to teleport and leave a devica of some sort.
Then he could teleport there from any place on the map, making a huge amount of noise (hey, the dimensions are ripping, right?).
The device should be removable like cams and snares.

Well, stupid idea, but perhaps it spawns some other awesome idea that makes it into PS.

Cronky

I'll just put all the ones I've gone on about (but not created mind you) in other threads just as a kind of cleaned up list.

-Gadget Variation Rewards (Could also include skins and stuff like that)

"The equivalent to TF2's Current System. Give small variations of Primary Gadgets as a reward for continually playing the game."

-PT Sabotage

"Modem Hide and Seek"

-Remote Controlled Mines (Merc)

"Another mine to add to the arsenal. You plant, and must manually detonate."

(Agent brought up the fact that Spy Traps could make this OP, but I believe that is a perfectly legit advantage/tactic if it came to that)

-Air Taser (Merc)

"Alternative to PT/CT Taser. Long Ranged, but easy to Miss"

-Phosphorus Grenades (without Spekkio's Update to them) (Merc)

"My favorite Decoy Grenade" (Didn't really care to use them for what they were meant for/wouldn't want it to hurt people)

-Wrist Hacker/DA Spy Glove (Spy)

"Hack Doors from long range. Disables defense like Sticky Shocker Gun, but in a Hacking Sense." (Exactly the same, but without the bullet)

-Network Cams (Spy)

"Variation of Sticky Cams that can be set up and monitored by both teammates. Spies equivalent to Camnet"

-Adrenalin Shot (Merc)

"Momentary boost of Speed. Like Bull Rush Speed, but without the slow down affect, and also takes up a gadget slot"

-Agent's Long Range Modem Hacker (Spy)

"Allow Spies to hack a door for a set amount of time from a set distance away. Will wear off like Spy Bullets/Alarm Snares, but can also be shot off by Merc. Reduces open area hacking deaths (Main C Door in Deftec for example) also to be used as a diversion."

-Spy/Merc Berserk Stalemate Scenario

"Sweet Spot on Merc's Head will negate MAJOR effect of Berserk (KO). Hard to achieve, requires precision, and with health penalties, but it gives Spy a very slim chance of evading instant kill."

-Challenges

"Small Achievements that are recorded in your Stat Profile that have no associating physical rewards."

-Stat Tracking

"Stats... Need I say more?"
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

tigaer

Quote from: Cronky on March 16, 2010, 08:32:28 AM
I'll just put all the ones I've gone on about (but not created mind you) in other threads just as a kind of cleaned up list.

-Gadget Variation Rewards (Could also include skins and stuff like that)

"The equivalent to TF2's Current System. Give small variations of Primary Gadgets as a reward for playing the game."

-PT Sabotage

"Modem Hide and Seek"

-Remote Controlled Mines (Merc)

"Another mine to add to the arsenal. You plant, and must manually detonate."

-Air Taser (Merc)

"Alternative to PT/CT Taser. Long Ranged, but easy to Miss"

-Phosphorus Grenades (without Spekkio's Update to them) (Merc)

"My favorite Decoy Grenade" (Didn't really care to use them for what they were meant for)

-Wrist Hacker/DA Spy Glove (Spy)

"Hack Doors from long range. Disables defense like Sticky Shocker Gun, but in a Hacking Sense." (Exactly the same, but without the bullet)

-Network Cams (Spy)

"Variation of Sticky Cams that can be set up and monitored by both teammates. Spies equivalent to Camnet"

-Adrenalin Shot (Merc)

"Momentary boost of Speed. Like Bull Rush Speed, but without the slow down affect, and also takes up a gadget slot"

-Agent's Long Range Modem Hacker (Spy)

"Allow Spies to hack a door for a set amount of time from a set distance away. Will wear off like Spy Bullets/Alarm Snares, but can also be shot off by Merc. Reduces open area hacking deaths (Main C Door in Deftec for example) also to be used as a diversion."

-Spy/Merc Berserk Stalemate Scenario

"Sweet Spot on Merc's Head will negate MAJOR effect of Berserk (KO). Hard to achieve, requires precision, and with health penalties, but it gives Spy a very slim chance of evading instant kill."

-Challenges

"Small Achievements that are recorded in your Stat Profile that have no associating physical rewards."

-Stat Tracking

"Stats... Need I say more?"

Some really cool ideas here. The long range modem hacker, would that be like a spy bullet, but you shoot it at hacking panels and it'll hack it for you? That'd be a badass gadget, especially on Deftec, Club and Aqua.

Cronky

Quote from: tigaer on March 16, 2010, 11:01:55 AM
Some really cool ideas here. The long range modem hacker, would that be like a spy bullet, but you shoot it at hacking panels and it'll hack it for you? That'd be a badass gadget, especially on Deftec, Club and Aqua.

You'd really have to ask Agent about that. I assumed when I heard about it that you may have to Physically plant it. A Shooting version seems like it would be a little unbalanced to me. Since then you would have no risk associated with actually using it.

So you do still have to GET to the door, but you can open it from further away. Now that I think about it, kind of does the same thing the wrist hacker does... Perhaps both could be combined somehow.

But again, it's not my idea so I can only say so much.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

tigaer

Quote from: Cronky on March 16, 2010, 11:07:30 AM
Quote from: tigaer on March 16, 2010, 11:01:55 AM

You'd really have to ask Agent about that. I assumed when I heard about it that you may have to Physically plant it. A Shooting version seems like it would be a little unbalanced to me. Since then you would have no risk associated with actually using it.

So you do still have to GET to the door, but you can open it from further away. Now that I think about it, kind of does the same thing the wrist hacker does... Perhaps both could be combined somehow.

But again, it's not my idea so I can only say so much.

It wouldn't be unbalanced. You're sacrificing a gadget slot for it, it needs to be useful. I think it'd be a great gadget how I explaied it. Just make it where you only have 3 of them, while taking 10ish seconds to hack and it'd be perfect.

Cronky

Quote from: tigaer on March 16, 2010, 11:10:53 AM
It wouldn't be unbalanced. You're sacrificing a gadget slot for it, it needs to be useful. I think it'd be a great gadget how I explaied it. Just make it where you only have 3 of them, while taking 10ish seconds to hack and it'd be perfect.

That's true, I just see the bullet version of it being too much. Just personal opinion.

Balance how I saw it was that it took roughly the same time to hack, perhaps distance being a factor, but the modem is bigger on the Panels (Size of the keypad... But blends in well), plus you have to risk the open area to use it.

When I think of bullet version I imagine Sticky Cam, which is noticeable when close, but also hard to see. The Merc's having no Ultra clear way (Aside from EMF) to actually notice the device.

Again all just pure opinion of taste. I heard Agent say "Modem like in PT that... etc" and imagined bigger plant-able item. First impression got me. I can definitely see the benefits of having a smaller, bullet version of it the more I think about it.
-----------------------