Main Menu

The fix list

Started by Spekkio, April 21, 2007, 04:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiVe.To.Di3

Quote from: Gawain on June 21, 2007, 11:21:44 PM
punkbuster any1?
hell no... in bf2142 it fucking kicked me for nothing. i got to play 10 seconds then b00m kick. then it suddenly didnt kick me for a couple of days and now it kicks me after 7 minutes YEY!!

maybe it was just the game but i dont think we need punkbuster

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

So the variables need to pick random adresses in the memory to prevent cheating.

InvisibleMan999

How does punkbuster work anyway?

I dunno, think it checks the game variables every <some time>, but im not sure, or maybe it checks for any programs changing the variables.... whatever

Bionic-Blob

UT3 should have in-built anti-cheat..right?

Like the 'Pure' Games :D

Gawain

spekkio, you should keep this list up-to-date. here's one thing you missed out:
-disabling the sound reticle while using laser (at all imo; but maybe no ping works out, too.)

Quote from: Gawain on October 20, 2007, 01:06:56 PM
spekkio, you should keep this list up-to-date. here's one thing you missed out:
-disabling the sound reticle while using laser (at all imo; but maybe no ping works out, too.)
huge offtopic

Spekkio

Not at all. Updated list.

Westfall

-cut spy "camnet"

-poison mines might be too strong @ 10 sec kill.

-incendiary nades should knock out the spies for 5-10 secs. (only if exposed for 5 sec) as alternate suggestion to causing harm. (or else discuss option as a sleeping gas nade for merc.) Don't know what you guys think about this one.

-laser mines are going to scare the hell out of everyone if they just burst. 1 sec delay maybe?

-fix getting stuck behind walls: Ever been running up the staircase in Orph then warped back down because you apparently "didn't go through the doorway"? MMMMMMMM

Spekkio

Yea, spy camnet is too controversial so I should cut it

Poison mines are too weak @ 15 sec. Rarely do I die by a poison mine, and when I do it's usually due to merc intervention

Laser mines are relatively useless as-are, especially cuz you can run into them and then get behind a wall right away. The elimination of the delay is to prevent that.

The wall thing is included under "fix the netcode."

Cyntrox

Project Stealth isn't about fixing bugs, it's about not creating them in the first place.

Gawain

though we will have to deal with totally other bugs, i think it's good to have a scct bug list to be well aware that with only the bugs fixed the gameplay would change significantly. with a list like that, we get a spot of what ct would play the way it was meant to be, and sometimes i'm not sure if we really want that in all cases.

there are only three big things left to discuss here till the beta hits the shelves (at least i can't find any flaws in spekkio's logic):
-motion tracking vision (mr.mic's suggestion any1?)
-weapons/weapon balance/behaviour (vote4 pt rifle as it's the most simple solution and worked out perfectly in pt)
-flares/phosphorous/incendiary nades
EDIT: 4th change to discuss:
-should dive-crouch-dive as a very fast and silent stealth "running" be allowed?
EDIT:
-5 slots?