changing equipment

Started by BEAR, December 08, 2007, 09:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

Quote from: Zedblade on December 11, 2007, 06:17:33 AM
Maybe do the same with friends on your list. Depending on what 'buddy' is on your team, it will automatically swith to a pre-determined loadout. I know boddyjean always take camnet, so I should bring Backpack ect.

How? Via IP address?

Gawain

with automatic gadget switch you would also have to check if it's right, especially with two variables (map + partner). it should definitely be no auto-detection but a save-eq-for-this-map option.

another way simpler solution: show your eq in the server lobby and not in some extra menu.

ps: zed, you're playing without mask on club? in my experience you got serious problems towards the end when you run out of mask so i can't really imagine how you manage to keep up with this eq. would be nice of you to tell me your covering plan/behaviour against smoke so i can try out something new (pm/xfire) =)

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Gawain on December 11, 2007, 01:12:33 PM
zed, you're playing without mask on club?
Not only him, i don't (usually) take mask on any map, unless im playing with my mate.

Changing eq should be like CoD4 or CS(with the buy time limit), so you can adapt your eq to your opponents.

Westfall

Quote from: Gawain on December 11, 2007, 01:12:33 PM
with automatic gadget switch you would also have to check if it's right, especially with two variables (map + partner). it should definitely be no auto-detection but a save-eq-for-this-map option.

another way simpler solution: show your eq in the server lobby and not in some extra menu.

ps: zed, you're playing without mask on club? in my experience you got serious problems towards the end when you run out of mask so i can't really imagine how you manage to keep up with this eq. would be nice of you to tell me your covering plan/behaviour against smoke so i can try out something new (pm/xfire) =)

Didn't we talk about mates being able to see each other's equipment? Probably good to implement here.

Farley4Fan

Wait, Gawain, do you mean let everyone who is in the lobby see it?  You did say show it in the lobby.  Don't let the other team see your equipment.

Gawain

nope. only you should see your eq in the game lobby.
another solution would be giving some seconds after the game started to select the eq while you can see which eq your partner takes. this could also be made awesome with a minimap in which you can paint so that you can arrange a strategy.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Gawain on December 12, 2007, 02:43:55 PM
another solution would be giving some seconds after the game started to select the eq while you can see which eq your partner takes. this could also be made awesome with a minimap in which you can paint so that you can arrange a strategy.

I hate mini maps =/.. reminds me of too much of Cod 4 on a friends xbox360 , gay if someone knows where your enemy knows where you are all the time =/.

Further more, Papaskull get a Pc soo i can whip your Candyass

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Farley4Fan

Wtf?  What's with all the PC Elitisist bullshit these days?  :D  Get a console so I can whoop your candyass  :D 

I have skills with the game, just on a different version.  SO PLEASE, stop with all this fucking bullshit towards console players.

VaNilla

I think the equipment when you die thing wouldn't work personally, and most certainly changing ingame wouldn't.

Reason I don't think it would work is that, well there's things you try to keep realistic in games and things you don't, in COD4, and games alike they let you change equipment when you die because it's a shooting game which actaully benefits gameplay because it's a game which people want to change equipment alot in when dead, it really works well for shooters too.

But for a game based on stealth action, not shooting, I'm not so sure... an old saying is "If it's not broken, don't fix it" and it applies here, there really is no need for it, the point of Stealth Games it to be very tactical and think before you apply, that would be broken if you can change equipment after you die or while playing IMO.

Gawain

i guess the console players don't have that much time to actually think as they are fighting with the crappy controls all the time  ;D

InvisibleMan999

Quote from: Gawain on December 13, 2007, 12:43:17 AM
i guess the console players don't have that much time to actually think as they are fighting with the crappy controls all the time  ;D

Actually I find it just the opposite. You really have to think more because the controls aren't as good. So positioning and tactics become more important in a console game than a PC game, where you can just try to get by purely on your speed advantage over the other guy.

Westfall

Quote from: Gawain on December 12, 2007, 02:43:55 PM

I'm pretty sure I brought this up in another thread. Has there been a decision made on this, or nay?

frvge

No, we first focus on getting something that works Like walking around.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Just as cool as 'hardcore crouching'.