Announcing our new logo and our roadmap for 2014

Started by frvge, January 02, 2014, 02:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

Quote from: dYnAm1c on January 08, 2014, 05:52:36 PM
When this game is has an alpha/beta release in the future you dont need extensive advertising anyways, you make a reddit post in the splinter cell and games subreddit and watch you game getting flooded by players.

Hmm i dunno about that,  Look : http://www.reddit.com/r/Splintercell/comments/1t0ni9/support_support/

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

dYnAm1c

Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 09, 2014, 05:08:56 AM
When this game is has an alpha/beta release in the future you dont need extensive advertising anyways, you make a reddit post in the splinter cell and games subreddit and watch you game getting flooded by players.

Hmm i dunno about that,  Look : http://www.reddit.com/r/Splintercell/comments/1t0ni9/support_support/

Look at the comments, it's understandable, nothing has happened here for too long that people assumed this project is dead. If there comes an actual playable client with hopefully not too much bugs they will change their mind.

AgentX_003

Quote from: dYnAm1c on January 09, 2014, 05:24:29 AM
Quote from: AgentX_003 on January 09, 2014, 05:08:56 AM

Look at the comments, it's understandable, nothing has happened here for too long that people assumed this project is dead. If there comes an actual playable client with hopefully not too much bugs they will change their mind.

I plugged in the face book page :D !

WTaFa(Wraith)

1. Extensive advertising at the very begging will make further promoting easier. Advertiser would have prepared places there and there...
2. Our community Always needs more members.
3. Alpha/beta releases have some strong sides for players comparing with the fixed releases. Discovering and using exploits is an important and useful part in project life.

'Action' was proposed by me cos wherever I could check Frvge always use term SAM (Stealth Action Multiplayer). Also google register some activity each month for 'action online' (1300).

Project Stealth is not online strategy. So it belongs to action type of online games.

Stealth multiplayer games overall are not always perfect done and promoted. That is why we have only 170 hits each month for the search query 'stealth online'.

And there are already elements of action in PS: fast moving, shooting, Prince of Persia movement.

From advertising point it's better to say: "We have an action game! With elements of stealth!" Here 'action' goes before 'stealth'. Reader and Google firstly will see 'action' (everyone like 'action') and then read about gameplay in-depth details (about 'stealth' etc). Thus the firstly highlighted word will be catchable 'action'.

Future veteran is a kid from CoD circles. Also he should be pwned by other veterans in past.

We could allow kids discover stealth multiplayer genre. And they could be catched by feel-a-spy emotion as we were in past.

We couldn't scare veterans. Game title itself will tell everyone that fuss is about stealth.
Join Project Stealth Wiki development. Join clan of non-violence infiltrators
Wraith Guild for exploring December release of Thieves vs Guard Stealth Online Multiplayer.

NeoSuperior

Well going by indieDB, Project Stealth is a "Tactical Shooter", which is not incorrect, escpacially when playing as merc. So how about TSASM ("Tactical Stealth Action Multiplayer Shooter") :D
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

WTaFa(Wraith)

I can't imagine shooter which couldn't be counted as action  :-\
Wraith Guild for exploring December release of Thieves vs Guard Stealth Online Multiplayer.

NeoSuperior

If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

WTaFa(Wraith)

Hah! My suggestion then will be "Action Stealth Shooter" which could provide another one cool abbreviation for the game genre :D

AgentX_003

My question is when is Frvge going to choose a title ?

RaDRoacH

Soon....
frvge can you please release screenshots/something else for keep the FB page alive?
Quote from: Rebecca Black
It's saturday!
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

frvge

Maaaaaybe. Don't know. I can pick one of my less favourite screenshots.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

VaNilla

Why not stick to "Stealth Action Multiplayer"? Sums it up quite neatly in my opinion. If you insist on having four words, "advanced" sounds like the best of the bunch to me :).

frvge

Hmz, that could also work. I'm still unsure that the best one is. At first I thought "Tactical", but based on your comment, I'm now not sure anymore. haha.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

dYnAm1c

WTaFa(Wraith)

Quote from: frvge on January 18, 2014, 03:49:45 PM
Hmz, that could also work. I'm still unsure that the best one is. At first I thought "Tactical", but based on your comment, I'm now not sure anymore. haha.
Could you announce pro and contra for the "Tactical" choice? To what reasons it could be good idea to put label "Tactical"? To what reasons it could be not?

Previously I explained my point wisely. You could see why my variant could be good for promoting. Tell me, please, why my proposal could be not good.

I understand that some posts here are meant to be fun, but overall this thread should provide solution for an important task.

Can't understand why the almost only reason for the posters is 'neatly'.

Also why members do not want to critique points of each other? Is this unacceptable somehow?
I'm officially proclaim that beating crap of my proposal is fairly acceptable. Doing this is acceptable for me and will not grow in any kind of forum flame war. Do this and thank you for your time.