I commited a sin

Started by LennardF1989, April 24, 2010, 02:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

I just bought Splinter Cell Conviction.

Why? Because I believe I can't judge a game before actually playing it (seeing it doesn't count) and downloading it and having to install DRM server emulators and shit is just too much of a hazzle (I thus indirectly support the DRM, argh). Besides, the coop seems fun, right?

I bought the normal version because the only exclusive thing you can't somehow get your hands on is a stupid SPAS shotgun. You can already download the "Making of", comic book and the soundtrack (and it's probably also released officially for FREE because of defective USB drives that came with the limited edition, lol). All other stuff can be unlocked by actually PLAYING the game instead of typing codes or texting Ubisoft and giving them even more money.

There, i said it, fuck you Ubisoft.

tigaer

There's no question, you're going to hell.

CurdyMilk

Yes I committed the same sin.  

Graphics are equivalent to Pacman-Gameplay freedom is equivalent to China-Stealth is equivalent to MW2.

I cannot see how it could be much worse.  They removed all of the good assets of CT and added zero excitement.  Your options are limited to zero for creativity.  The movements are terrible when you can't jump on an object your player could easily climb.  Instead he looks like a dufus attempting to jump on his toes.  You can't shoot your partner nor an enemy when he is grabbed by your partner.  Mark and Execute can shoot through corners of buildings.  There is absolutely no satisfaction in stealth gameplay.  In the first 2 minutes of the first coop mission, a waving plant goes through a box.  When you die, your player half gets up and then falls again.  The game froze and crashed in the first 30 minutes I played the game so I had to start over.  This is just to name a few...wow I can't believe gamespot even gave it a generous 8/10 considering it was made from an engine used 30 years ago for gaming.

And what happened to their ideas from a few years ago when I watched a movie of Sam walking in the streets with civilians and cops?  They must have scratched that idea completely halfway through production to quick start over and slop something else together.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Quote from: CurdyMilk on April 24, 2010, 06:05:25 PM
And what happened to their ideas from a few years ago when I watched a movie of Sam walking in the streets with civilians and cops?  They must have scratched that idea completely halfway through production to quick start over and slop something else together.
Even without having played the current one yet, that seemed much more of a Splinter Cell game than what it is now.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that, even though it might not be stealth anymore and more of a Syphon Filter shoot 'n run game, I might like it :( Time to throw in the Official Splinter Cell disc in again, with Bonus Levels. All would have been perfectly fine if it weren't a Splinter Cell game in the Splinter Cell universe, couldn't they just made a branch-off or something...

Ion.67

If this game only had the unlimited range tazer...

frvge

My biggest gripe is why you didni't wait 2-3 weeks after the release. You know most Ubi games are fucking buggy, so why pre-order?
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

Shameless double post:
Should I buy CoD4? I will probably only play the Single Player. It's 12.50 euros now on Steam.
I enjoyed the intense demo.

tigaer

Quote from: frvge on April 24, 2010, 07:17:22 PM
Shameless double post:
Should I buy CoD4? I will probably only play the Single Player. It's 12.50 euros now on Steam.
I enjoyed the intense demo.

Yes. The campaign in both COD4 and MW2 are ballin.

LennardF1989

Quote from: frvge on April 24, 2010, 07:15:52 PM
My biggest gripe is why you didni't wait 2-3 weeks after the release. You know most Ubi games are fucking buggy, so why pre-order?
Because it was only like 30 euro's, which I stole from Freeman and his friend for doing some homework, so anyhow, he payed for it, not me :P

And yes, you should buy CoD4, I did yesterday. 12,50 for the game + working serial is nothing. Serial also works with the retail release.

Gawain

Farley4Fan

After all that I've done for you, all the warnings I've given, all the cakes that I've baked specifically for YOU, Lennard, you go and do this shit?! 

Fuck Ubisoft, and fuck YOU!!!

MulleDK19

Quote from: LennardF1989 on April 24, 2010, 02:55:04 PM
I just bought Splinter Cell Conviction.

Why? Because I believe I can't judge a game before actually playing it (seeing it doesn't count) and downloading it and having to install DRM server emulators and shit is just too much of a hazzle (I thus indirectly support the DRM, argh). Besides, the coop seems fun, right?

I bought the normal version because the only exclusive thing you can't somehow get your hands on is a stupid SPAS shotgun. You can already download the "Making of", comic book and the soundtrack (and it's probably also released officially for FREE because of defective USB drives that came with the limited edition, lol). All other stuff can be unlocked by actually PLAYING the game instead of typing codes or texting Ubisoft and giving them even more money.

There, i said it, fuck you Ubisoft.

We've lost a good man to the dark side.

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Penguin

Ubisoft has successfully infiltrated the Project Stealth dev team  :'(

Farley4Fan

Nothing better than to give money to a shitty company for a shitty product.  Nada.