Programming Update

Started by frvge, August 03, 2008, 07:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

Please head over to Lennard's blog for his latest blog-update, in which he reveils the current status of the coding of Project Stealth.

Questions can go in this thread. (Please do not use the 'comment' page for questions about the programming. Other remarks are welcome)

link: Project Stealth Blog

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Ok... EEs have to be placed manually. That means that if eg. I create a PS map now, and want to convert it later, I'll have to add all the EEs later on 'by hand'. Correct?

LennardF1989

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on August 03, 2008, 08:55:12 PM
Ok... EEs have to be placed manually. That means that if eg. I create a PS map now, and want to convert it later, I'll have to add all the EEs later on 'by hand'. Correct?
Yep, it's one step you can't do now yet, especially since EE's are still pre-alpha. A lot can change between now and release.

Like... creating an automated process for it?

LennardF1989

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on August 03, 2008, 10:37:33 PM
Like... creating an automated process for it?
Not a change.

We've never said mapping was fun... :P

Level Design IS fun.
Creating a map from the design is the bad part.

Gawain

nice update, lenny =)
cmon people, show him some gratitude for his hard work...

Ion.67

You give him sex for all of us.

Gui Brazil

Unless, of course, Ion wants to show how he loves things coming from the other end. :P

Ion.67

Quote from: Gui Brazil on August 04, 2008, 02:26:58 PM
Unless, of course, Ion wants to show how he loves things coming from the other end. :P

Nah, that's cock fan :P

[edited. untargeted posts without any info are lame]

scope2005

I just read the Blog and it sounds really cool!

I'm really glad to hear of the progress you guys are making, to get this far in such a short period of time (comparable to other mods), is really something.

Getting the EE's working right, and sounding pretty much identical to SCPT and SCCT's Environmental interactions makes me assured PS is going to be the definitive multiplayer stealth experience.