Applying for - Concept Artist

Started by Webon, July 07, 2010, 02:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webon

Greetings

NAME/CALLSIGN: "Carlos"

I am freshly graduated from Art school - B.F.A. Illustration and minor Graphic Design background applying for a position here at Project Stealth for Concept artist, as well as looking forward to lending my talent to such a great fan-based game.

Age - 25

I been referred into this site and job opp. by Agent X_003 who noticed some of my work at the Ubi forums.

PORTFOLIO:

Currently at deviant art at: servantofkain.deviantart.com

Working on my own website which I will post here soon.

Any PMs - Email at shenglong00@hotmail.com

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Hiroke Batoysai - drop me a friend request and message if you wish to reach me there.

SKILLS:

Extensive knowledge in Photoshop CS4 and Illustrator CS4, moderate knowledge of InDesign CS4 however that is a layout/graphic design program, nonetheless I post it here as I may come handy in the future.

I have been heavily oriented into Military art (as I had a art show pretty much based on SC a few months), basing my art from the ground up with realism and as well a touch of futuristic designs.

I have strong traditional drawing skills, great knowledge of anatomy, sense of proportion - I'm able to transfer quite well these skills on digital paintings thus creating great art pieces with a lot of detail.

I also have strong traditional/digital painting skills as well as a strong foundation of Color Theory.

Strong communication skills. (I'm just a friendly everyday gamer as well as a passionate artist)

EXPERIENCE:

I have a moderate lvl. of experience in Illustration as well as working under deadlines. Coming up with 12 art pieces in 3 months - with a high level of detail for an art show is no easy task. I have been free-lancing currently with some of my fellow co-workers at my job for a few t-shirt designs (pocket-money jobs) as well constantly looking for means to enrich and expand my experience level.

TIME SCHEDULE:

I work mainly in the weekends at my "side" job at a hospital 32+ hrs. Due to the monster shifts, I'm completely unavailable on weekends as the demands at my job are far too great. I'm off Tuesdays thru Fridays - which I use to further my career through any art job that comes my way.

Any smart artist know that surviving in this field is not easy and a side-job for steady income is needed, but know that I will strive to do anything takes to finish a piece I been commissioned to do.

CONCLUSION:

I hope to hear from you guys soon, and no doubt be a part of this great team.

A fellow admirer and hardcore Stealth action fan

frvge

Yup, I saw your art at the Ubi forums. I might have a nice project for you, but I'll need to discuss it internally first. I'll get back to you ASAP.

frvge
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Kon Artist

I thought these were pretty cool, especially like the one with the smoke.

Webon

Ahh. Thanks for the kind comments - yeah - I think I developed a slight case of arthritis from drawing and being on the stylus so much, lol.

But it was worth it.

Looking forward to hear more feedback from you guys. 

;D