Support Project Stealth Over the Internet

Started by WTaFa(Wraith), November 19, 2013, 02:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTaFa(Wraith)

Join Project Stealth Wiki development. Join clan of non-violence infiltrators
Wraith Guild for exploring December release of Thieves vs Guard Stealth Online Multiplayer.

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: WTaFa on November 19, 2013, 02:22:49 PM
Hello

Share your Like for the first comment in this article, please - http://www.gamespot.com/articles/au-shippin-out-august-19-24-tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/1100-6413141

Thank you!

That article is so old...I get what your trying to do, but a much more recent article would do far more to help to Project Stealth.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

WTaFa(Wraith)

Quote from: SheikTheGeek on November 20, 2013, 10:51:46 PM
That article is so old...I get what your trying to do, but a much more recent article would do far more to help to Project Stealth.
It's old. Agreed. But I don't see that this is a problem. Every new article will become old after some time, but this doesn't prevent positive effect from it.

Also Frvge and me are working each on much more better versions of PS landing pages. Official PR guy will update official web site. Unofficial PR Guy (me) - unofficial PS wiki.

Having ready to catch landing pages the point of posting articles/threads on game sites will arise definitely.
Wraith Guild for exploring December release of Thieves vs Guard Stealth Online Multiplayer.

RaDRoacH

I made a thread on the ubi forums 3/4 weeks ago. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812790-OT-Project-Stealth-Facebook-Page-and-UE-4?s=b3a2599b18ea88b551c0063fb0785e0a
Probably helped to get 3/4 fans on the FB page lol.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: RaDRoacH on December 14, 2013, 05:06:40 PM
I made a thread on the ubi forums 3/4 weeks ago. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812790-OT-Project-Stealth-Facebook-Page-and-UE-4?s=b3a2599b18ea88b551c0063fb0785e0a

Don't get me wrong, frvge, I really want a high quality SvM game, but what the people on that forum wrote is true. Switching to UE4 will extend the production time even more. I can completely understand the switch from mod to UDK indie, but the change from UE3 to UE4? You have to understand that this is not something that sits well with all the people who waited all the time. So to compensate it, can you please give concrete ADVANTAGES of the new engine from the players' perspective, that will be definitly noticible?
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

soldium

'Ve been here for years.
Now i am out of hope.
Not waiting anymore.
Cuz for what should i wait?
PS Forever (Duke please)
Got damn soldium is back , and he will make noise on this forum. Than devs maybe do something.

WTaFa(Wraith)

Quote from: Meister_Neo on December 14, 2013, 06:21:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, frvge, I really want a high quality SvM game, but what the people on that forum wrote is true.

Switching to UE4 will extend the production time even more.

I can completely understand the switch from mod to UDK indie, but the change from UE3 to UE4?

You have to understand that this is not something that sits well with all the people who waited all the time.
It's physically impossible to wait 'all the time'. People are doing own stuff through their lives.

One guy asked Frvge in Youtube comments: "What can I do as a fan to help the project?"

And the answer was: "Unless you have skills in programming or art, your best way of helping is to spread the word. It's as easy as that :)"

So show me these loads of followers that were guided to PS? The result of insane activity of 'all the people who waited all the time'.

Guess what all these waiters could do with poor PS Team? They could flood it with numerous coders and animators, modellers and mappers, soundmens and musicians, which could be attracted to join so and so cool project.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: WTaFa on December 14, 2013, 10:27:41 PM
Don't get me wrong, frvge, I really want a high quality SvM game, but what the people on that forum wrote is true.

Switching to UE4 will extend the production time even more.

I can completely understand the switch from mod to UDK indie, but the change from UE3 to UE4?

You have to understand that this is not something that sits well with all the people who waited all the time.
It's physically impossible to wait 'all the time'. People are doing own stuff through their lives.

One guy asked Frvge in Youtube comments: "What can I do as a fan to help the project?"

And the answer was: "Unless you have skills in programming or art, your best way of helping is to spread the word. It's as easy as that :)"

So show me these loads of followers that were guided to PS? The result of insane activity of 'all the people who waited all the time'.

Guess what all these waiters could do with poor PS Team? They could flood it with numerous coders, animators, modellers, mappers, soundmens, which could be attracted to join so and so cool project.

Actually what I wrote is a very roundabout way of saying "You think spending even more time for porting the game on UE4 is worth the time. Please tell me why exactly you think so, so that I can understand it as well".

I mean sooner or later frvge wants all of his work to pay off. If he extends it more and more, maybe he will repeat that when UE5 is released or something like that.
Maybe I am simply afraid that frvge may give up at some point, if it takes too long. Well on the other hand we could see it as "the longer they work, the more motivated they are to finish it, so that their time spent on it was not wasted" or something along the lines. I am simply confused about when to expect the game. But I guess I can understand why they say "it is done when it's done": I think at some time in 2010 frvge posted that they will release the game in 2011... well you can see how that went.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

RaDRoacH

Quote from: RaDRoacH on December 14, 2013, 05:06:40 PM

Don't get me wrong, frvge, I really want a high quality SvM game, but what the people on that forum wrote is true. Switching to UE4 will extend the production time even more. I can completely understand the switch from mod to UDK indie, but the change from UE3 to UE4? You have to understand that this is not something that sits well with all the people who waited all the time. So to compensate it, can you please give concrete ADVANTAGES of the new engine from the players' perspective, that will be definitly noticible?
I agree with him, KenTWOu was also right, didn't know what to say...
Since your group is small, why don't you focus on the actual project ? You guys are at the 70/80% of the progress. Why you need to reboot everything when you need some time to finish the actual project?
If it will be a success, you could work on another version with more innovations and the UE4.... And maybe you will get more people inside your team... If it will be a success maybe Ubisoft would even come to cry and kiss your feet.

I really think that the graphics are not really important... it will be necessary a good netcode and your support for keep the community alive. Think about it.

You guys started in the 2007, if your team will be still small, when are you going to end this? in the 2020?
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

WTaFa(Wraith)

Quote from: Meister_Neo on December 14, 2013, 10:36:21 PM
You think spending even more time for porting the game on UE4 is worth the time. Please tell me why exactly you think so, so that I can understand it as well.

I mean sooner or later frvge wants all of his work to pay off.
*me rechecking Lennard's words:
Quote from: LennardF1989 on October 02, 2009, 07:12:22 AM
I can see myself now and learn from it. And that's what this whole project is about for me.
Something changed during these four years?

Well on the other hand we could see it as "the longer they work, the more motivated they are to finish it, so that their time spent on it was not wasted"...
Well on the other hand we could see it as "the longer we support their work, the more motivated they are to finish it, so that their time spent on it was not wasted".

I'm not support Project well still.  But I'm working on this.

I think at some time in 2010 frvge posted that they will release the game in 2011... well you can see how that went.
Development process is very open and public friendly. This is the best and fairly enough recommendation for 'waiting a game'.

frvge

To answer the questions:

We tried to make a nice trailer, but our gameplay code sucked. You can see it for yourself in the "programmers messing around" video. I tried to hack and use the elevator (which worked 2 days before the recording), but it had broken for some unknown reason. This was the result of too many changes over the past 2 years. Fix one thing, break two others. So we need to re-implement it. Doesn't matter if it's in UScript (UDK), or C++/Blueprints (UE4).

With the opportunity that we have, we're going with UE4. Of course, Lakehouse will need to be remade, but most of the time is in the modeling. This is a minor set-back for Zedblade, but the sheer power that we get from low-level C++ makes up for that. Basically our programmers can be way more productive, there are more debugging tools and so on, and the engine supports new features (not just graphical!)

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: frvge on December 15, 2013, 11:20:49 PM
To answer the questions:

We tried to make a nice trailer, but our gameplay code sucked. You can see it for yourself in the "programmers messing around" video. I tried to hack and use the elevator (which worked 2 days before the recording), but it had broken for some unknown reason. This was the result of too many changes over the past 2 years. Fix one thing, break two others. So we need to re-implement it. Doesn't matter if it's in UScript (UDK), or C++/Blueprints (UE4).

With the opportunity that we have, we're going with UE4. Of course, Lakehouse will need to be remade, but most of the time is in the modeling. This is a minor set-back for Zedblade, but the sheer power that we get from low-level C++ makes up for that. Basically our programmers can be way more productive, there are more debugging tools and so on, and the engine supports new features (not just graphical!)

I guess that answers the question. Well if you "had to redo it anyway" then I don't see a problem. But do you have to redo all models that you produced again? I mean the spies, mercs, gadgets, all from zero?

- Mike Godwin

frvge

No, this is just about the code. Luckily we can reuse the logic. Just not the "language" in which the game is programmed.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.