Main Menu

new 3D artist

Started by pmckai86, May 26, 2010, 06:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmckai86

Nickname - PMCKai86
Age - 24
Personal status - doing some freelance work at the moment.

For which position you apply to - 3D artist

Proficient in Maya 2009, Photoshop CS4, Zbrush 3.5 R3, After Effects, MS Office, Headus UV layout, Mudbox 2009, Crazy Bump, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Macromedia Flash, Illustrator, Xnormal

Your experience - 03/10 – Present     Aero Astro Arts Ltd, United Kingdom
(Freelance) Weapon Concept Artist, Weapon Modeler, Texture Artist
•   Design a variety of weapons
•   Model high and low resolution weapon models 
•   Texture in-game low resolution/poly models
03/10 – Present     Wandering Samurai Studios, Houston, Texas
(Freelance) 3D Modeler, Texture Artist for MechWarrior: Living Legends
•   3D modeler for high and low resolution mech models
•   Texture in game low resolution/ poly models
05/08 - 06/08   Aero Astro Arts Ltd, United Kingdom
(Freelance) 3D Modeler, Character Rigger for Swarm RTS
•   3D modeler for in-game low poly environmental props and weapons
•   Character rigger for in-game characters

A link to previously made work / portfolio / demo reel -
http://pmckai86.deviantart.com/gallery/
http://paint-ed.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6wPIazr6QE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zAFMinraf4&fmt=22

referred by: AgentX_003

frvge

Nice portfolio. It's a plus that you can also do 2D drawings.
I'll discuss it with the Art Director first.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

Do you have any affection with Splinter Cell, not that it matters, just curious :)

pmckai86

yeah, i like the splinter cell series, chaos theory for me had a lot of good ideas to me, I like the emp on the pistols so you could draw one bad guy only and didn't cause a scene. In conviction, which is a good game but could be better but keeping some of the old elements. I wished they used knives to finish off the people you grab as it adds violence and you know they're dead, in conviction, several of the enemies "die" from a hit to the head.  Well that's my opinion though, knives are always good. versus mode taken out from conviction, they said they couldn't put a story to it or the spies were too strong, to me, If its good should still add it and just need to fine tune the balance.

I played most of the splinter cells games. I like double agents versus as it was one 3 on 3 and i like the download wireless thing for the spies, was interesting. Chaos theory though, the gameplay was better. I like the lights as well on the character to indicate if you were in the dark or not cz it's felt like a black and white movie most times. Plus it spoils work and detail on the character which look nice in color. again personal opinion.

I missed the coop moves from chaos theory as well. Last point is, the AI on the enemies in conviction probably dumber than chaos theory as they cant see up unless you alert them to your position. I could go on and on. conviction is a good game but could be better by adding stuff from the old. I am a fan but I see myself as a critique to think ways to improve something. So i think that says i like splinter cell but i can see where there are places to improve on.

frvge

I haven't had a chance to talk to the rest yet, but I think I'll have an answer this weekend.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

Ok, you'll get a Try-out. I'm going to contact a Try-out mapper to give me a list of props. When I get that list, you'll get access to the special Try-out forum. I'll keep you updated.

tigaer

Hell yes. Very impressed by your work.

pmckai86

Thanks a lot for letting me have the opportunity to work with. I cant wait to model props and stuff for you guys to the best of my abilities.