Conviction, More Stealth Than We Think?

Started by VaNilla, August 14, 2009, 03:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaNilla

Just read a preview on Gamespot which you can read and watch HERE, which shows different ways of infiltrating the mansion of the E3 Demo. Each method basically utilises the same techniques, but by watching the video preview you will find a few ways of playing the game discretely. Firstly you can still grab gaurds, take them to a safe place, interrogate them and neutralise them. This suggests that you won't always have to be on the move as the E3 Playthrough portayed.

Another small but rather key thing I noticed about the game is the the level design. When you climb up the wall to the mansion window, you don't have to take out the gaurds using your gun, nor do you have to use the particular window. There is a window further along the ledge which you can use to enter the mansion into cover. I doubt these are the only things that the Dev Team will have implemented to support Full Stealth in Conviction, what do you think?

Update: Found THIS preview on IGN, boosts my confidence a bit more too, don't really get that from reading the comments of senseless trolls on the Ubi forums I suppose :P.

Bubbaganoosh

The UBI forums are full of fanboys. It's scary to read sometimes as alot of them
eat, sleep, and breath this game which won't be out until maybe spring next year.
I think the console has rotted their brains.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Bubbaganoosh on August 14, 2009, 03:28:33 PM
The UBI forums are full of fanboys. It's scary to read sometimes as alot of them
eat, sleep, and breath this game which won't be out until maybe spring next year.
I think the console has rotted their brains.

Agreed

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Savior20061

More stealth than we think?
Blasphemy!
[slaps Stonecoldkilla]
I think my hand's broken.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

Farley4Fan

Yes, it seems there is still a good amount of "stealth" in there.  Agressive stealth but still looks fun to play.  I just am not going to use the Mark and execute and I hope I can turn off the last known position nonsense.

VaNilla

I don't really see what's wrong with either mechanics being used in full stealth to be honest, I doubt I'll want to kill people with mark and execute but I might use it a lot for lights and stuff, and LKP is just useful.

Farley4Fan

Good point with the lights, but I still will probably shoot those out on my own.  Especially when you have pinpoint accuracy when just free-aiming (have you noticed that?)  LKP isn't that bad, but I'd rather not see it.  The SOUND would be nice if you've noticed the sound it makes when it activates, but seeing a ghost of "me" is the opposite of immersive (which this game claims to be 100% of the time).

frvge

The Conviction demo here is just the same as at other times. I think it ran on a PS3 actually, but I'm not sure.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

frvge

That's what THEY say...
There was a 360, a PS3 and some weird box, which could be a dev-kit, in the 18+ room. Some BlueByte guy was demoing. There was one new thing I saw, but it was so minor and uninteresting to me that I already forgot the details.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Did you see which controller the guy was holding?  I could care less if it's coming to PS3 but I wonder if they've fiddled with it.

frvge

I THINK it was a 360 controller.

And I remembered the new thing: the wall-shimmying in the first part, so the street-section, was slower. Like the animation was played at a slower, more realistic speed. But in the end section with Kobin, it was super-human fast again.