Post Ideas for appearance of vision modes.

Started by goodkebab, September 07, 2007, 10:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawain

i like the black background and bright lines, it makes good contrast. i think chaff and smoke should be visible with it, maybe with some white static noise in form of it (would be logical as a lot of little moving objects are highlighted). i'm really unsure about it. maybe one shouldn't see smoke at all like in emf, but mt is to an anti aggro and hunting down vision for me, so i think it should.

Daybreak

Man, someone's eager for a response. I do work you know.
Anyway, smoke doesn't need to be visiualized. It's not in EMF so why in MT. No smoke means no box. Maybe I'm not clear on what the spy looks like when he's running away.
Visualize it, as I can't post a picture. This is how it would work.

Esentially, the spy in TRON MT wouldn't be seen at all. And would basically be a black figure. IF he moves too much, he would slowly be come more detailed. Need more help? In movies, a spot light can shine from behind someone and all you see is a silouette. A black figure. Shine a spot light on him and you can see every detail.

As for the mysterious smoke, how would you see through it. Exactly like a spy in Termal does. So while you might be able to see the spy runaway, you wouldn't know if he's runnign through smoke cause you can't see it. It might suck, but it'd balance out. Seeing has how the vision did what it's supposed to do which is track the spy.

element54

i feel like watching TRON all of the sudden.  ???

neth

Ppl plz believe me these colours and design should be changed. Im not saying Daybreak cant make things but at least now I really know what im talking about.

You shouldnt gather so many colours in such a game. You should choose one or two fitting with each other colours and use their tintsa. The arrows should be smoother, not that big and transparent.

If you dont know what I mean, just look at screens of any game.

Lets say scct:
They used tints of green for spy and yellow's for merc. Thats how it should be done, and thats how you make it stylized, fresh and pro. Hud is very very important if you make it look like made with Paint ppl will judge this game before they really try it.

You can take a look at these casual screenshots.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20061122/luban_02_clip_image006_0000.jpg
http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20061026/pascal_01_clip_image004.jpg
http://www.firingsquad.com/media/galleries/fear_multiplayer_demo/10.jpg
http://www.fpsteam.it/img2007/farcry/FarCry_multiplayer_207-01-19.jpg
http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/goomish/doom3/duze/Doom3-032.jpg

Im not telling you to copy their style but to use similar technics in creating a hud.

Daybreak

NO! This is the way it's going to be! MY way is ULTIMATE! I'm just throwing out ideas guy. "now you really know what I"m talking about" Congratulations for showing you think you're better than me. Now then, produce something.

Anyway, here's something new. Normal and a basic LOTR MT. It's not as fancy as it could be. That's why it's basic. I'd like to appolgise to neth for the quality because obviously believe him it'll have to change.

I like how in the regular vision you can see the other layer on the right. Ah well.

InvisibleMan999

The drawback of tron MT is that you can't do spy visibility gradually. It's going to be real easy to spot a spy on tron MT, where Mr.Mic's version allows you to have a slow moving spy barely vision, a moderately fast one more visible and a fast moving spy very obvious (perhaps even a whole new color).

Daybreak: How does your MT work? Are spies visible in your MT while not moving? Also it's a rather weird vision. seems more like sniper vision than MT. MT is supposed to be good at close range, and this thing just blurs you to death for close combat. I'm not certain what it's supposed to achieve with the tunnel vision effect.

goodkebab

Thanx a lot for your suggestions Daybreak,  and please everyone follow his examples!

Instead of criticizing  the ideas,  come up with solutions everyone.

As of yet,  we do NOT have a finished concept of the Merc Hud,  but that is not the purpose of this thread.

Hud can come later,  we want to worry about the vision modes.

neth

My intention was not to show that im better than you and you know nothing cause I dont know much about methods of creating such things. I didnt even want to criticize you for anything. It was just a bit late so I had to cut my sentence and in the end it made no sense. So peace man :)

I only say other ways of creating HUD I consider to be better. Thing is that when we create huds which are not transparent they may sometimes make waves when aiming.

Im no flamer so do as you want

Gawain

what about mt vision in black and white, and areas of air turbulences are shown in color? so if a spy shoots a cam, one can see the way it flies some time after etc

B1nArY_001

Quote from: Gawain on September 28, 2007, 01:35:59 PM
what about mt vision in black and white, and areas of air turbulences are shown in color? so if a spy shoots a cam, one can see the way it flies some time after etc

I hadn't thought of that. pretty neat idea actually. I'm not sure being able to track a cams trajectory be would good though.

Gas mask and EMF location of a camera should be enough to ward off cams, any more and the balance may be upset. Not to mention the laser creates a hot-spot at the target location.

Edit: SP

Daybreak

To Neth: Now worries man, I just like busting balls and making fun of people that say things that don't make sense. I'm pretty relaxed. I know you meant no harm, however I'll make fun of you for it. Think of it like friends making fun of eachother. That's about all I ever do on here.

The my Tron MT wouldn't have the gradual Motion Tracking like Mics. As I figure, if you're moving above a certain speed, you're seen. Course that speed would have to be play tested to make sure it worked. As for the LOTR vision, that was someone elses idea, and i just made a quick sketch of what it might look like. The tunnel vision would create a problem, I think. So it'd have to be looked into.

Currently, MT is to help counter agro. In Tron, falshes don't affect you, you don't see smoke, so it doesn't impare your tracking, you can't see motionless spies and them moving at a certain speed as they'd be completely black, and the spy looks like a normal render when moving too fast. The only thing that'd give them away would be if they disrupted one of the lines showing, which might be a big thing, or not. I don't really know.

neth

actually the lotr vision was my idea. GL in next huds hope you listen to my advices.

greenday5494

about spy-cloaking:
I WANT GOOD SHADERS!
that is all.