Game Designer/3D & 2D artist

Started by BrockP, August 28, 2009, 06:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrockP

Hey team what's up?

I am a stay at home dad with real industry experience testing games. I have my bachelors degree in game design and even have a notebook with design ideas dedicated to this game type. I would love the opportunity to share them with your team to help innovate a genre that was set back with the creation of Double Agent. I aspire to be a professional game designer/level designer some day. I am also an experienced artist. My software of choice includes Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Mudbox. Because I am a stay at home dad I can provide close to full time employment everyday until the project is complete. The only thing I ask for in return is good references, a great experience, and credit for the work I provide. My portfolio site can be viewed here: http://bpgameart.blogspot.com

Can't wait to hear from you!

Brock

frvge

Hello,

Thanks for your application. Would you be interested in level design (which includes environmental art/basic modeling and texturing)? You'll mostly be working alone which gives you a lot of artistic freedom. Of course,  we have a small modeling team for props and so on ;).

Regards,

frvge
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

BrockP

It would be an honor. Just let me know what you need.

BrockP

To help in the decision making process I cooked up a pre visualization for an airport level that zedblade and I talked about yesterday. Attached is the image. I still need to layout some drainage lines under everything so our spy can infiltrate from the safe confines of the sewers.  Other than that most of the major volumes for the level our shown. We have hangers, a traffic control tower, a parking garage, 4 gates, a drop off area, a garage with some gas tanks, some woods, a parking lot. Basically all the airport essentials. I thought the traffic control tower would be a great place for mercs to snipe from. My philosophy for this level was to make it expansive and able to hold about 10 mercs and 5 spies. That is one of the main improvements for this game I think we should shoot for. Spies can infiltrate the airport from many locations. To go along with this map I was trying to figure out a way where a spy can exfiltrate hostages. I guess it would be a new game type of sorts. When the human (mercs) aren't looking a human (spy) can walk up to a hostage and release them it is up to the spy to guard them until they reach the nearest exit. Could be interesting. To accomplish this the hostage rooms could be setup with emergency exits and if the hostage makes it to the exit and opens the door they disappear when the door is closed.

Story for the level goes something like this.

Terrorists highjack and airport not a plane but a whole airport. They threaten to blow it all up if their demands are not met. The demand an extremist be released from prison and flown directly to the airport. there plan is to escape the airport in a taxi. before leaving the airport they load a plane full of hostages and tell the pilot to fly to the next city. The US shoots the plane down not knowing the hostages are on board. What do you guys think?   

frvge

Original, but we're going with 2 vs 2 for the moment. 10 vs 5 is a bit... much =] But a slightly different airport map would be nice. I have some other ideas than Zed, so we'll have to discuss it a bit more. Nice job on the pre-vis btw, I like it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.