All We've seen. (Shield your bandwidth dial-up users!)

Started by Tidenburg, January 29, 2008, 10:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scope2005

First I have seen of the in game visions, and I have got to hand it to you guys... spot on!

Even though its early days for this mod your making excellent progress! Only thing I noticed was that MT looks as though it removes shadows, and on the left of the spy is a semi translucent figure is this a merc? does motion tracking make non tracked players translucent to make them harder to see? a good idea actually... but im sure you guys will reveal more details in time.

Just upgraded my rig to a quad core processor, and a 8800GT just to play this game. Tried it with SCDA multiplayer and it ran at highest specs flawlessly (looks great, too bad it fuckin' sucks as a game!).

Hopefully thats a good sign project stealth will run well as it is UT3 engine based also, just installing UT3 so it should give me a better of idea of how it will play eh?

Keep up the good work!

Farley4Fan

I recently got the 8800GT as well.  Nice card, underrated imo.

Hyrage

If my 7900 GTX is doing really great... can't imagine a game running on a 8800 GT X_x :D
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

Ion.67

Quote from: Papa Skull on February 25, 2008, 12:23:00 AM

Underrated? It has gotten very positive reviews.

MacBryce

Quote from: scope2005 on February 24, 2008, 10:43:29 PMOnly thing I noticed was that MT looks as though it removes shadows, and on the left of the spy is a semi translucent figure is this a merc?

The MT screenshot shows three spies at different detection levels. Standing still- Moving slowly - Moving rapidly.

Hybrid Circle

I love this thread!

My only real question though is the spy design. In the conceptual artwork, he's more cyborg-ish with 3 green dots on the eye-piece. But in the render, he's more lizard-ish with a horizontal eye-piece. I thought IMHO that the original design was better. what happened?

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

Quote from: frvge on March 04, 2008, 06:19:57 PM
It changed. Some early Spy models had the dots.

It's obvious that it changed, i think he is asking WHY it changed. If I remember correctly, the 3-dot's resembled the 3-lensed goggles on the CT spy too much. So we change it completely.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Ion.67 on February 25, 2008, 04:54:45 AM
Quote from: Papa Skull on February 25, 2008, 12:23:00 AM

Underrated? It has gotten very positive reviews.

LMAO I don't know how I forgot to say that I don't think it is underrated.  Scratch that, I meant this:  Nice card, not underrated imo.  I've seen a few people say it is underrated from other websites.  I just thought it was more people thought it was underrated.  It gets the job done on Crysis, on all Very High settings of about 1044x800 resolution, I think.  Gets me 50 FPS.

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

Meh. There should be something on the actual website, you said you were doing somthing like this on the blog or somthing but i'm still waiting :)

Gawain

hasn't it been told that there is an official ps portal in work?

Farley4Fan

You guys didn't get my little joke.  I said 50 FPS.  That's only been done once with all SLI crazy shit computers, I can't wait til computers can run Crysis that smoothly.