Merc -finished!!

Started by goodkebab, May 11, 2007, 11:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurbutti

´'`\(Ã'_ó)/´'`

Gawain

i like the coloration and the trousers/shoes. the sc4 helmet looks way better :P
imo the merc should look like a soldier equipped for urban combat in say 2020 (maybe with normal protection googles?). the huge problem is to integrate the vision modes in a coherent way.

Daybreak

i am always amazed at your skills kebab, but why is the merc's head stuck in a honey jar? Or did a bee hive fall on his head and he's extremely cool about it... I dunno man... Why not just have it crazy simple and just have them wear sunglasses or something. These guys hunt spies, that don't have lethal weapons, they don't need helmets. This is the future and the technology can squeeze into small parts.

I wish i could draw, but give him earmuff type headphones that are attached to the visor and then a seperate gas mask. Personally, I really liked my cyclops photo from the other thread. maybe i'll do sketch...

LiVe.To.Di3

even though his head does look like hes in a bee hive i wouldn't mind playing like this. Maybe just change a little about the CT merc(his head and possibly arms) and then just leave it

Gawain

Quote from: Daybreak on May 14, 2007, 04:49:29 AM
Why not just have it crazy simple and just have them wear sunglasses or something. This is the future and the technology can squeeze into small parts.
haha like the counterstrike terrors, they indeed look cool. i think kebap will pwn just like he did with the spy model :D

Vega

I do not like the head one bit.  The arms need to be covered in my opinion.  His whole body needs a more militaristic feel to it - maybe add more armor.  It's a nice looking sketch but it doesn't give off that badass mercenary feel to it that CT does.

LiVe.To.Di3

badass? hm i guess the scct merc is "badass"

Gui Brazil

Atleast we can't say that the honey jar helmet isn't futuristic. xD

scope2005

I admire your work kebab,

But I have to agree with the other guys who dislike the helmet/visor as Its a little too DA styled for me and perhaps a little OTT, but camo's are nice and I like the pads.

I did like the previous concepts for mercs much more, and I think you should aim to keep the merc's looking more functional like professional soldiers.

Gawain

the merc should look really badass (like a bouncer) and not so sophisticated like the spy. maybe giving him sunglasses and a cigar/doobie or anti-smoker chewing gum (the players could select one) could look ridiculously awesome (remembering the final scene in constantine lol) ;D

frvge

Do you mean a bit like Team Fortress 2?
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

haha never thought of that, but i'm really looking forward to this game :D

RNS

Don't you think that new helmet looks a bit like an egg?

LiVe.To.Di3

lol millionth time someone said this

Vega

Quote from: LiVe.To.Di3 on May 16, 2007, 02:32:18 AM
badass? hm i guess the scct merc is "badass"

Are you seriously making fun of me because I said "badass" instead of "bad ass?"