My Sketchbook

Started by tigaer, April 23, 2010, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigaer

2-3 hours of work with my new TX2. First time trying to draw something like this. Gonna try and do a new 40-70 min sketch every day.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Neat. I'm wondering if I should take out my Bamboo.

tigaer

Farley4Fan

You couldn't have put these in my thread?  Now my photoshop thread is destined to die. 

:'(

Cool drawings though man.  I especially like the first one.

AgentX_003

Quote from: tigaer on April 24, 2010, 02:22:35 PM

Another.

No one has caught on so it seems but to me this looks like concept art for perhaps some levels to come xD

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

tigaer

Quote from: AgentX_003 on April 25, 2010, 02:56:30 AM
Quote from: tigaer on April 24, 2010, 02:22:35 PM

Another.

No one has caught on so it seems but to me this looks like concept art for perhaps some levels to come xD

;)

Gawain

i like how you keep geometry simple and play around with the lightning. athmosphere is all about lightning :D
i got a wacom laying around and kinda am in the mood to fool around a little bit again.
which programm would you suggest for landscape/architecture speedpainting and maybe some manga?
so far i've only painted with corel painter. still gotta get used to not seeing what i paint where i paint it xD

I'd say PhotoShop, but since I'm on linux I'm using Gimp.
It doesn't make much of a difference, really. It's all in what interface you like more, and what you can afford.

Farley4Fan

The second pic looks like concept art for a mix of club house and museum.  The long hallways of Club mixed with the look of museum.  The columns separated from the wall kind of look like Museum.

tigaer

Small thumbnail to get the overall look of a much bigger concept piece I'm going to be working on for the next few weeks. As for a program, I've been using Photoshop for over 8 years, and always will.

Gawain

what resolution do you suggest to paint on?

tigaer

Quote from: Rambo on April 26, 2010, 07:37:20 PM
what resolution do you suggest to paint on?

For a small speedy, I do 900x600, but for a more elaborate one like the one I'm doing currently, I do 3200x1800. I like wide angle shots the best as you can do much more with your perspective.

2 questions:
1. How do you pull up this perspective grid?
2. Do you start from a rough sketch or do you just throw on the colours?

I've got my Bamboo a long time ago and damn I haven't painted anything serious.

tigaer

Quote from: Ignas on April 26, 2010, 08:26:50 PM
2 questions:
1. How do you pull up this perspective grid?
2. Do you start from a rough sketch or do you just throw on the colours?

I've got my Bamboo a long time ago and damn I haven't painted anything serious.

I created my own perspective grids in Illustrator, then just open the eps file in Photoshop at the size I need. I have 1, 2 and 3 point grids so I always have what I need. They took a few hours to make, but it's invaluble for me to have them.

I usually start with a rough line sketch, then start coloring over the linework untill I get a good color scheme, and progressively adding more detail as I go.

Quote from: tigaer on April 26, 2010, 09:58:16 PM
I created my own perspective grids in Illustrator, then just open the eps file in Photoshop at the size I need. I have 1, 2 and 3 point grids so I always have what I need. They took a few hours to make, but it's invaluble for me to have them.

I usually start with a rough line sketch, then start coloring over the linework untill I get a good color scheme, and progressively adding more detail as I go.
Hehehe. Yeah, I was looking up some way to pull up perspective grids but it seems there isn't one. It's a pain in the arse to do all of the perspective by hand.