1 weapon system > 3 weapon system

Started by Gawain, May 17, 2008, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR.Mic

Quote from: Rambo on May 23, 2008, 09:41:27 PM
Quote from: goodkebab on May 23, 2008, 07:41:13 PM
We fully intend to have a shotgun and an Uzi,  and because we are the developers,  we also control the balance of these weapons.
once again, if you don't make any good arguments for that decision (eg counter mine first), this whole forum is totally pointless.

Here's one: we are the developers, you are not.
Regardless of what you may think, this forum is not here so the public can play armchair game developer all day. I cant think of a single idea that has been brought up on these forums that have influenced our design.

Our goal of gameplay drawn directly from CT with superior coding has not changed, no matter how much all you kids on these forums want to tear at each other's throats.

We are not going to make sweeping changes to a game based on arguments that are only supported by speculation instead of actual empirical evidence.

The main problems with the Uzi and the shotgun were due to sloppy coding and oversights. The shotgun was unpredictable and the Uzi cone of fire was so narrow that it worked too well at all ranges. Implementing the shotgun to fire consistently, widening the uzi cone of fire, and adjusting the damage dealt from each will make them function in a properly balanced manner.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

frvge

I've kept my mouth shut because I wasn't really sure about the thoughts of the rest of the team, but I also prefer a 3 weapon system. Just feels better IMO.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

Quote from: MR.Mic on May 23, 2008, 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: Rambo on May 23, 2008, 09:41:27 PM
Quote from: goodkebab on May 23, 2008, 07:41:13 PM
We fully intend to have a shotgun and an Uzi,  and because we are the developers,  we also control the balance of these weapons.
once again, if you don't make any good arguments for that decision (eg counter mine first), this whole forum is totally pointless.

Here's one: we are the developers, you are not.
Regardless of what you may think, this forum is not here so the public can play armchair game developer all day. I cant think of a single idea that has been brought up on these forums that have influenced our design.

Our goal of gameplay drawn directly from CT with superior coding has not changed, no matter how much all you kids on these forums want to tear at each other's throats.

We are not going to make sweeping changes to a game based on arguments that are only supported by speculation instead of actual empirical evidence.

The main problems with the Uzi and the shotgun were due to sloppy coding and oversights. The shotgun was unpredictable and the Uzi cone of fire was so narrow that it worked too well at all ranges. Implementing the shotgun to fire consistently, widening the uzi cone of fire, and adjusting the damage dealt from each will make them function in a properly balanced manner.

Would you like another plate of Pwnage, Sir?

frvge

The reason for the no-influence is because 99% of all the threads is about gameplay. And we're not that far yet. I'm tagging posts that I find cool to be implemented. So when we get to the point of gameplay, we'll discuss those posts and more I think.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ion.67

The three weapon system adds variety. Just leave it at that. With proper balancing, it will all work out.

Gawain

repeating the same bullshit-point won't make the idea any better  ::)