Our Kickstarter: discuss it here

Started by frvge, April 26, 2014, 02:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoSuperior

Damn... I am not sure if I really want to get a credit card just because kickstarter doesn't accept anything else. This is a problem....
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

dYnAm1c

Quote from: NeoSuperior on May 06, 2014, 08:36:18 PM
Damn... I am not sure if I really want to get a credit card just because kickstarter doesn't accept anything else. This is a problem....

You can get prepaid credit cards online.

frvge

Not yet. We will soon. I got a list based on your, and other people's, suggestions :)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

NeoSuperior

Quote from: dYnAm1c on May 06, 2014, 09:46:15 PM
Quote from: NeoSuperior on May 06, 2014, 08:36:18 PM

You can get prepaid credit cards online.

Nice, I guess that may work. Thanks! With this I may be able to donate after all :D
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

Ayac

So it has been almost 2 weeks (I know the sony event and the new cod), but when are we going to see anything on kickstarter?

dYnAm1c

It's sunday now so probably the next reasonable kickstarter release day would probably be tomorrow

frvge

Correct, it was supposed to launch tomorrow. However, we've gotten some feedback about it and we want to give it a little more time to pimp the graphics. I'm still hoping for a launch this week.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Ayac

Thought about some good stretch goals?

frvge

AgentX_003

Quote from: frvge on May 12, 2014, 12:51:14 AM
Correct, it was supposed to launch tomorrow. However, we've gotten some feedback about it and we want to give it a little more time to pimp the graphics. I'm still hoping for a launch this week.

imo I see nothing wrong with the graphics if we look at the asylum video , lets hope not  that by graphics you mean things like Bloom to the point where you can see your own reflection off the spies head :|

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Ayac

Quote from: AgentX_003 on May 12, 2014, 09:10:32 PM
Quote from: frvge on May 12, 2014, 12:51:14 AM

imo I see nothing wrong with the graphics if we look at the asylum video , lets hope not  that by graphics you mean things like Bloom to the point where you can see your own reflection off the spies head :|

I think he means the presentation.

@frvge
Probably too late, but how about an several player models for spies and merc and a map editor for custom maps?

frvge

Upgraded player models are in the stretch goals to keep the normal goal as low as possible. For custom maps, you'll probably need a UE4 license from Epic Games. It's 20 dollars. IMO a good price for the technology of the best engine, but maybe too big of a barrier for entry.

RaDRoacH

People on the ubiforums are asking me if PS will hit on consoles too...

QuoteCorrect, it was supposed to launch tomorrow. However, we've gotten some feedback about it and we want to give it a little more time to pimp the graphics. I'm still hoping for a launch this week.

I guess you should say that on FB too...

Will you remove those UDK pics on the website and replace them with some hudless UE4 pics? Or simply write "PRE-ALPHA","Not actual gameplay pics" or something? People think that they are too old for be in UE4.
Sorry if my english is not perfect.

dYnAm1c

I think 20$ is a price that everybody can easily pay if he wants to create custom maps since you actually don't need a subscription to continously use UE4. How do you think you will handle custom maps? Like will you have to approve them or can creators place custom maps in their folder and then the players will download them in the lobby or do they have to download them manually before starting the game like in Chaos Theory?

Ayac

Quote from: dYnAm1c on May 13, 2014, 08:04:55 AM
I think 20$ is a price that everybody can easily pay if he wants to create custom maps since you actually don't need a subscription to continously use UE4.

From my understanding, the 20$ are a monthly subscription for using the UE4. Or do you mean an other vrsion of the editor?