Tick Tock - Camo video

Started by frvge, February 14, 2009, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Rambo, they said it was to offset some of the boosts they would be making to camo.  We aren't sure what those boosts are or what they will do to gameplay, I doubt the devs are entirely sure themselves, but all we can do is take them at their word and complain about changes when we see those changes IN ACTION. 

I am actually a bit more curious about this effect when the camo turns off.  Will this glowing effect happen when camo turns off?  Surprised no one has asked that yet.  And no, not complaining.  Just wondering.

Gawain

Quote from: MR.Mic on February 20, 2009, 08:34:00 PM
We're simply trading an audio cue, which is 360 degrees and notifies the mercs even behind walls with a visual cue which is only 90 degrees, and doesn't notifiy the merc through walls.
how about fixing the sound instead??
such a gentle sound isn't meant to be heard through walls or in distances over 5m in the first place ffs...
besides, why do you think it's a good idea that you can activate camo 2m behind the merc without him knowing but not 20m away from him in some shadow?
Quote from: Papa Skull on February 23, 2009, 05:46:49 AM
Rambo, they said it was to offset some of the boosts they would be making to camo.
and they did give no reason at all why they want to boost camo in that way, and why this was a good offset for the boost.
basically there were only 3 things wrong with ct camo:
-mercs mt and emf whored (gone in ps with the new balanced visions)
-camo activation noise could be heard on the whole map with eax superhearing
-too visible with high resolutions and gamma hax
what the fuck happened to your balance-ct-first-then-try-out-fancy-changes-approach?

frvge

We don't need a reason to try things out. If it plays bad, then it's out. You will probably get the opportunity to playtest yourself in beta-stage, or possibly even alpha. So any errors that are left in the final version, are most likely to 'blame' for the community. >D harhar. Basically: if you don't like it after testing it, file it as a complaint/bug. If many people agree, we'll change it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Gawain

QuoteWe don't need a reason to try things out.
making crazy balance changes without any reasonable motivation behind it is plain stupid. you should start playing around with stuff like this after having a running beta with all the ct engine and balance problems fixed, and definitely not before.
it's also naive to believe that in such a small community you will get useful feedback on gameplay/balance by listening to the foolish majority. the result of this will be balance like in ea or ubisoft games at best, and not something similar to valve or blizzard games.
but who am i to criticize you developer gods? i'm gonna dissappear till this goes beta cause it's a waste of time.

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on February 23, 2009, 05:57:04 PM
making crazy balance changes without any reasonable motivation behind it is plain stupid. you should start playing around with stuff like this after having a running beta with all the ct engine and balance problems fixed, and definitely not before.
it's also naive to believe that in such a small community you will get useful feedback on gameplay/balance by listening to the foolish majority.

And your word is worth much more than the rest of the community? The devs know what they're doing...remember they did all play CT, most of them to quite a high level. I trust the devs enough to let them decide whats good / bad for gameplay more than one angry german dude named tristan :D.

I'm going to back AgentX for once, and agree with him. You sir need to get off of your high horse.

Snakebit.

Camo got a bit overpowering in my opinion. How am i supposed to kill a spy if he can stand still on 1 place and be unseen ?

frvge

Switch to EMF? Or look for a small refraction.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Snakebit.

Quote from: frvge on February 23, 2009, 07:30:16 PM

You can't hear them turn on camo.... So how would i know when to switch on emf ?

frvge

You dont... that's why you should probably cycle through your visions when you enter a room ;) Something you probably do already to detect cams and stuff.

[edit: cams.. not mines, silly]

Roberto1223

Quote from: Snakebit. on February 23, 2009, 07:37:03 PM
Quote from: frvge on February 23, 2009, 07:30:16 PM

You can't hear them turn on camo.... So how would i know when to switch on emf ?

dont act stupid... u already know the answer to that.

only nubs dont cycle through visions in SCCT...

Westfall

Quote from: Rambo on February 23, 2009, 05:57:04 PM
it's also naive to believe that in such a small community you will get useful feedback on gameplay/balance by listening to the foolish majority. the result of this will be balance like in ea or ubisoft games at best, and not something similar to valve or blizzard games.
but who am i to criticize you developer gods? i'm gonna dissappear till this goes beta cause it's a waste of time.

"I'm gonna disappear till this goes beta cause it's a waste of time."

Kind of like your post here...Quit humping CT and get ready for something better. Otherwise, continue to make hamachi servers with this glitchy piece of shit game after UBI turns off the CT servers....bet your ass I'll be all over PS, because it won't be a piece of shit like CT. Welcome to a new game. This is Project Stealth Rambo. If you want CT, hit up the Convictions center for retards...they have vacancies.

Ion.67

No one likes you anyway, good. Go away for however long you want.

ray mysertio

not to rip on you guys but i think its kinda ugly ... like a UT3 green goop matrix cheesy-ness type thing ... just my opinion.
Tell ppl to fuck off over the net, just expect them to want to fight you until they can.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: ray mysertio on March 10, 2009, 02:40:53 PM
not to rip on you guys but i think its kinda ugly ... like a UT3 green goop matrix cheesy-ness type thing ... just my opinion.
NO IT LOOKS AWESOME!
It reminds me of the thermal camouflage from the '95 Ghost in the Shell movie. Awesome.

Westfall

Quote from: ray mysertio on March 10, 2009, 02:40:53 PM

Is that all that you don't like about it? It's "ugly".....