My idea for a map.(kickass selfmade artworks xD)

Started by puuusianka, January 08, 2011, 11:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puuusianka

So...

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/img0582og.jpg/ - in case the pic is not visable.

It's a mountain during a snow-storm in case someone didnt notice... But it's not a normal one because there is this little feature in the middle of it. From side it looks like this:

http://img27.imageshack.us/i/img0583ah.jpg/ - in case the pic is not visable.

That's a hangar inside the mountain.(I didn't put the snow-storm to make things more visable) So in the begining of the mission you're inside the hangar and the bomb is planted, nothing to do about it. You have 1 min before it blows up. Spies are heading to the main door of hangar to make a parachute jump. Mercs can either try to kill spys and risk one of their lifes being exploded or just go directly to the lift which will take them down(as shown on image there will be some music in the lift to make it more enjoyable - we can make vote poles what song will be in - no rap,hiphop,metal)
As spys fly down they get an info that there is transmission of some TOP SECRET files(This was suppose to be prevented by destroying the hangar, so a twist in story!). The signal is coming from little town which is right under mountain hangar:

http://img291.imageshack.us/i/img0584l.jpg/ - in case the pic is not visable.

Here the main action goes in Town. You land on the roof of the biggest building and start infiltration. This will be ofc a headquarter of some bad guy but he left the place and sent the mercenaries in.

SO :D How do you like the idea? What could be your possible vision of this mission? And I know pics - are kick ass ;).

Farley4Fan

NeoSuperior

uhhmm... on this map there would be enought space for the whole PS community to play on... (in 1 server of course!)

How about remaking "rocadamour" (or however its spelled) for PS? It would suit you much better.....

P.S.: [If someone says: "(uhhm you fail Sir, )you cannot see the sarcasm of the thread OP", then he fails...]
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

puuusianka

Oh come on. I know pics are just lookin dumb but imagine the thing. Bomb is planted you run like hell to the hangar exit and make the jump down. I thought that would be kick ass.

Then the down part with a mountain town. I would make it very small. The whole thing would be happening in one building and the rest of the town would be blocked.

Gawain

puuusianka

Ok I'll come back with UDK developed montain with this hangar thing then we'll talk.

DreadStunLock

Quote from: puuusianka on January 09, 2011, 08:22:08 PM
Ok I'll come back with UDK developed montain with this hangar thing then we'll talk.

What the hell is a "Montain"?

NeoSuperior

puuusianka made a mistake. He meant "mountain" and since you don't know what he meant, here an explanation  ;D :

http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/mountain
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

Oh thank you, I really didn't know what the word "Mountain" was... :WINK: :WINK:

P.S: For complete idiots, :WINK!: :DUCKING WINK:

NeoSuperior

- Mike Godwin

DreadStunLock

No master, I will continue with my work my master.

tigaer

This is a cool concept on paper. Why don't you download Google SketchUp and draw up your idea? You can learn it in under 30 mins, if you don't already know it. I use it to quickly convey simple map design concepts, among a few other things for concept art. I'd like to see this modeled out.

If anybody could give me some good, free screen cap software, I'll record a tutorial on how to use SketchUp for you. Basically, I'll design a simple map within it and you can follow.

DreadStunLock

Wow, that would actually be awesome, hey do you think you can make some screenshots of your google sketchup work? I use it very a lot since I got the pro version :)

http://download.cnet.com/Desktop-Video-Recorder/3000-13633_4-10532938.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42VCGyiS2K0

Seems to be good quality and it's free.

knooger

Quote from: tigaer on January 19, 2011, 09:48:19 PM
This is a cool concept on paper. Why don't you download Google SketchUp and draw up your idea? You can learn it in under 30 mins, if you don't already know it. I use it to quickly convey simple map design concepts, among a few other things for concept art. I'd like to see this modeled out.

If anybody could give me some good, free screen cap software, I'll record a tutorial on how to use SketchUp for you. Basically, I'll design a simple map within it and you can follow.
CamStudio :)

tigaer

Quote from: KnoogeR on January 20, 2011, 01:02:25 AM
Quote from: tigaer on January 19, 2011, 09:48:19 PM

CamStudio :)

Alright, I downloaded CamStudio and it works great. I'll make a video soon. It'll probably be around 20 mins, hope that's cool. I don't want to rush and do things too fast for you guys to follow, cause I work really fast.