Tick... Tock?

Started by frvge, October 05, 2010, 11:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1nArY_001

The wall run to split jump is not a split jump. There is a basic split jump as well.

Farley4Fan

First of all:  Wow.  Awesome.  Everything was a pleasant surprise except for the merc reload (I already saw that somehow I can't remember) but the merc reload is still awesome sauce-ome anyway.  Great job.  Ayslum looks very atmospheric.  Orphanage-like.

Speaking of the wall run/jump, would a wall run be a good idea just on its own?  It would be cool for avoiding a merc's charge hahaha kind of max payne/matrix.  A spy can already do a backflip off the wall and now a split jump off a wall run, maybe a wall run move could work.  Seems like the animation is (more or less) already made!

Is there more coming from this tick tock? 

frvge

This walljump will probably depend on the angle and velocity. A normal walljump (like press jump twice) will also be in. We are looking into wallrun possibilities, but that would probably only be useful in certain areas.

An explanation of the wallmoves:
- wallflip: run vertically up the wall and make a backflip. There is no 180 degree turn in our version.
- walljump (at speed, when there's enough space): horizontally run between the two walls, alternating until you are at a certain height. Then stabilize with one foot on each wall.
- walljump (low speed): push off against one wall, then push off against the other wall and then stabilize with one foot on each wall.
- wallrun: a relatively short horizontal dash on a wall. (unconfirmed idea)

Farley, there will be two live Lakehouse walkthroughs (see data chunk #3). Apart from that, this is it.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

Quote from: frvge on October 09, 2010, 02:08:24 PM
This walljump will probably depend on the angle and velocity. A normal walljump (like press jump twice) will also be in. We are looking into wallrun possibilities, but that would probably only be useful in certain areas.

An explanation of the wallmoves:
- wallflip: run vertically up the wall and make a backflip. There is no 180 degree turn in our version.
- walljump (at speed, when there's enough space): horizontally run between the two walls, alternating until you are at a certain height. Then stabilize with one foot on each wall.
- walljump (low speed): push off against one wall, then push off against the other wall and then stabilize with one foot on each wall.
- wallrun: a relatively short horizontal dash on a wall. (unconfirmed idea)

Farley, there will be two live Lakehouse walkthroughs (see data chunk #3). Apart from that, this is it.

Binary and Frvge for the confirmation.

Wall run is perfectly acceptable now. I could see it being useful, but it'd depend on the map. A move more geared towards keeping your momentum going, instead of say... jumping, stopping, then running again.

Give spies a more "Free Running" type of experience... If they chose to be as noisy as possible. (Tactical Evasion!)
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

VaNilla

I loved that wallrun animation :D

puuusianka

Frvge my dear friend! Now we're talkin finally! Good job! I hope I'll manage to see the broadcast cause it might be hard to do during the week for me... though I still wish to see the mercenary walking around the map, we haven't seen much of that. Keep it up! Can't wait for the beta!

PS: Farley the reload animations were simiular to those shown by the guy who was applying for the weapon animation in "Join us". ;)

DreadStunLock

Quote from: puuusianka on October 09, 2010, 08:38:58 PM
Frvge my dear friend! Now we're talkin finally! Good job! I hope I'll manage to see the broadcast cause it might be hard to do during the week for me... though I still wish to see the mercenary walking around the map, we haven't seen much of that. Keep it up! Can't wait for the beta!

PS: Farley the reload animations were simiular to those shown by the guy who was applying for the weapon animation in "Join us". ;)

Walking mercenary around a map you will never get it, probably because you will have to wait for BETA.

frvge

Quote from: DreadStunLock on October 09, 2010, 09:41:04 PM
Quote from: puuusianka on October 09, 2010, 08:38:58 PM

Walking mercenary around a map you will never get it, probably because you will have to wait for BETA.

Actually we had that, but not in the current stage. Aka: we had a lot of different features, but we took it all apart to combine it later. And later is now.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

goodkebab

Yeah,  this is just the split jump intended for 3x the height.  The normal split jump is also done.  We added this as a way to get additional height in the game and will obviously require a minimum length in the hallway for it to be executed.

puuusianka

Hah a funny idea occured to me right now. What if you could use that jump to get to some hacking panel or a box with cables to cut? Maybe you already considered that?

Farley4Fan

Actually puuu I think Comicserg accidentally linked us to a page that had that exact animation on it a long time ago.  He deleted it to minimize the damage  :D

puuusianka

Or imagine using walljump to place a bomb on let's rocket. Great thing!

Darkoso

Hi guys!
I have been following very closely this mod and I wanted to congratulate you on these amazing pieces of hard work! I am really looking forward to playing this amazing mod whenever it becomes available, I will wait 10 years if I have to.

Eat that, UBI!

Congratulations again, guys, AWESOME job!

puuusianka

Quote from: Darkoso on October 10, 2010, 08:20:52 PM
Hi guys!
I have been following very closely this mod and I wanted to congratulate you on these amazing pieces of hard work! I am really looking forward to playing this amazing mod whenever it becomes available, I will wait 10 years if I have to.

Eat that, UBI!

Congratulations again, guys, AWESOME job!

see that dread! Don't have to be a member to follow the mod. ;P