3d Enviroment Artist / Prop Artist

Started by Daniel Doerksen, November 06, 2009, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Doerksen

Hey, Im a 3d environment and prop artist looking to join your team. Heres a link to my portfolio, to see if its a fit. http://danieldoerksen.daportfolio.com/ looking forward to hearing from you

Gui Brazil

For the first time in a long time here I can trully say, your work is impressive.

Could you get me some more renders and wireframes of that tank of yours we see when we first open your portfolio? Just cause i'm curious, started on a tank months ago (I'm in the same area of you) but never got to finish it, though. Instead, I ended up doing an F-14.

Daniel Doerksen

yep sure thing, just heading out for some food ill have it up in 2hours'

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

are you familiar with zbrush or mudbox?

Daniel Doerksen

i am familiar with mudbox, zbrush annoys me a little haha. i removed the piece i had off of my portfolio because it was a creature and wasn't inline with environment and prop art.

as for the m1a1 tank gui brazil wanted to see, cant add attachments so temporarly i will post it in a section on my portfolio under "other" i through up a wip mudbox creature in that same section

frvge

Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

How much time do you have to spend on PS?
We'd greatly appreciate to have a steady workflow with both input and output. Basically, how many simple models can you get done in a week? (includes model, texture and normal map)? If you think that's hard to answer, you can state the amount of hours you'd have time for PS. We're currently in a phase where we'll be needing new (mostly simple box-like) models, so there's plenty to do :).

Daniel Doerksen

i can spend about anywhere 3-6 hours 5 days a week. i assume youd want spec maps aswell? simple box like models i can turn out fast depending on the size of them in game and texture size. I am able to get started when ever you guys are ready for me

frvge

We're having an internal vote now. So far so good :)

Daniel Doerksen

im just finishing a wall mounted ammo container, designed to work with source. will have pics up on my portfolio tonight or tomarrow in the AM. only reason im posting this is because its closer to project stealth props

Zedblade

Quote from: Daniel Doerksen on November 06, 2009, 10:45:54 PM
i am familiar with mudbox, zbrush annoys me a little haha. i removed the piece i had off of my portfolio because it was a creature and wasn't inline with environment and prop art.

as for the m1a1 tank gui brazil wanted to see, cant add attachments so temporarly i will post it in a section on my portfolio under "other" i through up a wip mudbox creature in that same section

yeah i hate zbrush too, but it's way more powerful then mudbox, especially for environmental props and once you learn it you can do some amazing shit super fast. I'm still getting the hang of it myself.

anyway, you should have anything you have made that you think is good on your site whether or not it fits into your overall 'theme.' Just add another section for character or a misc section.

frvge

Ok, we're going to do a quick test.

We have the following concept art: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/10/9033/camnetconcept.jpg
We're going to need a model for gameplay (poly count 1000-4000) with a texture of 2048x2048 (photoshop).
Don't combine the glass/camera with the body of the camera, because it will be rigged to rotate.

This prop will probably be used multiple times in each level, so make sure it kick ass.

Time frame is 2 weeks, but the sooner the better of course (but quality > quantity) ;).

Good luck!

Daniel Doerksen

you can expect it to be done before friday

LennardF1989

Quick question: Do you have any experience with mapping in general, as in: concepting layouts, thinking up environments, etcetera?

Note that I don't ask for your experience in mapping tools, just mapping.