Proof of Concept map work Set in Laos

Started by nubishdubishbone, August 25, 2010, 06:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nubishdubishbone

can wind blow fog around? lol

think volumes with chamfer-box falloff falloff.
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

frvge

I don't know it in that much detail. Blowing fog around sounds more like a basic height fog and then a few particle effects to make some parts swirl.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

nubishdubishbone

nice, and the foliage factory w/ direction worked a treat, if nly it had noise.
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

nubishdubishbone

Quote from: Farley4Fan on August 26, 2010, 02:14:08 AM
I'd kind of like to hide in the bushes as a spy.  So just making them shake a little bit when the spy collides with the bush would be fine enough.  It wouldn't need to be as complex as say the foliage in Crysis or anything

If the spy stays in the bush, and then moves while in the bush, make it shake again.  It would be a cool effect to see (especially as a merc trying to find a spy moving through the bushes).  Maybe you could change the effects if the spy is in slow mode.  Maybe it wouldn't shake as hard if the spy is moving in slow mode and maybe it wouldn't ping the mercs sound reticle.

i had this in mind, but obviously iterp actors cannot compensate for a realistic effect such as the spy holding the shrub while adjusting his stance for ex..

however i think i will add a small amount of sway to them when collision is detected so it will be more interesting.

i have another shot of the lab:

http://www.24-game.org/LS_Lab.jpg

given that image i see alot of area for spies to hide in the outskirts but nothing really to protect them to dodge mercs... i am thinking of adding some corrugated metal fencing to further enhance gameplay, any thoughts on this?

[edit]hey guys antyone know if i can paint interp actors with a terrain brush?

nubishdubishbone

Okay did alot of terrain editing to make the scene natural, the Spy Spawn is here:

http://www.24-game.org/Loas_Spy_Spawn.jpg

as you can see the bright spots will be search lights, as this is a base of operations for a drug ring... there will be an objective first on the other side of the river, probably a hacking of security then into the Lab... not show is the back of the lab's base leading to a small airport where the drugs are shipped out. the airport will be the last objective.

DreadStunLock

Wohow, that an awesome spawn, by the way...what will happen to the vents? Will there be somesort of underground passages? and how will coop work? Maybe you can add some trees so the SCCT spirit will stay? I mean it's going to be hard without those things. Also would be awesome if there was alot of Torchlights moving around the base, but with bigger brightness and actually moving around so it would make it more strategic.

nubishdubishbone

yeah i am thinking of ways to add a vertical tact to it, will need to be either very inventive or just tried n true...

there are trees, and eventually ill learn how to make the searchlights beam dynamic light in a pattern around the FOV.

thanks for the comments.

nubishdubishbone

i have this tutorial for a searchlight, i dont even know if it will act as dynamic...

how would i limit the rotation to say 120 degrees, then sap back the other way?

tutorial isnt goijng to work, how do i attach a dynmic light to a mover?

Penguin

Use SpotlightMovable lights and make them rotate in Kismet Matinee. Make sure you set the Physics of the lights to Phys_Interpolating. Also I think it would look cool if you turned on Lightshafts.

nubishdubishbone

ok sounds good, i have hit a major roadblock, i will have to manually ad each InteractiveFoliage Actor if we are going to have interactivity, they do sway with wind, and it is moving all the time but does not react because Terrain Editing  Tool does not allow to add InteractiveFoliage to be added to a layer ;) wink Dev's.

nubishdubishbone

added starry emissive map and moon, qwith dominantdirectionalMoveable for day/night, expands what it looks like 10 fold IMHO...

[IMG=http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8861/loasprevis2.th.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nubishdubishbone

btw the only triggers are destryoable and touch, neither of which i want... i nee start loop noce, wth?

frvge

event -> levelreadyandvisible or something.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

unskilled

Amazing map ;). But mercs won't be able to go to the spy spawn? It looks open.
I am just asking, I know map is not ended yet.

If yes maybe spies should randomly respawn in one of the 5-10 spawns around the map? ;D
It eleminate camping as mercs. First respawns maybe should be in different corners of map?
But that's only a suggestion.

frvge

Just a hint: spies need to be able to hide from motion tracking. Add a LOT more shacks and other line-of-sight breaking objects.