PS 3rd party custom map [Cancelled]

Started by nubishdubishbone, September 04, 2010, 08:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

We don't have modeling help to offer because we need the time of the modelers ourselves. That's a pretty obvious reason. If you want help, you'll have to ask other people. It has been like that from the start, so yeah... =/

The map looks IMO visually good (some variation in plants would be welcome tho), but I'm not sure about the gameplay. You said you only worked on it for 2 weeks, and I don't really see a well-thought out plan with the chokepoints, overviews for Mercs etc. The lack of corridors means the gameplay is less directed, so it'll be hard to balance.

The balance should be thought out before you even start the basic BSP. If you can see it working, feel free to pass it to us after we release the gold version of PS, and we will grade it. If it's good enough, we'll distribute it. If we choose not to distribute it, people can still download it from your own site and then play it together.

Just continue and maybe we'll have it in PS one day :)

In reply to your questions:
1: You should if you feel like it.
2: No comment
3: Please give me where it states that we _must_ answer questions. We answer when we have time, know the answer and feel like it.

We encourage community-made maps, but that doesn't mean we'll make your props or answer questions. If we do, lucky for you. If we don't, well, you'll gotta do it yourself.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

nubishdubishbone

no it's more like "ohh limerick you;re inspiring the community to map" after all the shit they've given me, and while i gave it right back there is no comfortable medium in this relationship... basically im sying if you dont start answering simple questions that help me build a map at a faster rate than Excrcitating, then i quit and you take take all your ideas about having community maps at Releae and shove them in your ass... i dont jack off cuz i like it, its cuz itll fuckin knock down anyoen who doesn't, i can taalk but i can walk too.

if you didnt have your panties in a twist right now you'd see i'd be an asset with a tough city-guy nature who's not ignorant, instead of "her her, heyy he's makin' fon of os, a herr der".
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

nubishdubishbone

well i dont feel like making a map with no friends on the team, no help in cases where its real simple but the answer is buried in you tube spam, and basically because the "im too busy to answer a 15 second" question isnt acceptable to me, fuck off.

before i pretend to leave to see what myriad of unrelated shit is thown into this i asked 3 times how to stop emitters from going inside buildings, simple eh? not for you hotshots tho.

[stalker edit] if you need modelers to make your game, and this map is supposed to be part of your game, how do you not see it fit to offer a little bit of service to "part of your game", you're a scientist right? did you drink what you were working on and cook your cognac'?
Intel i5 3.2Ghz - EVGA Z77 FTW - EVGA GTX 480 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - Rosewill Blackhawk SuperTower Case - Antec True Power Quattro 1200W PSU - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty PCIe -Logitech Z508 5.1 Surround with "Dialog Plus"

frvge

Sucks to try so hard and getting closer and closer to actually being a nice community member, but then snapping over the fact that we can't live up to your personal expectations. If you can't keep your rage under control when things don't go the way you want (dude, you're making DEMANDS from a free indie team), then please just go away. I've had enough of your multiple tantrums. It's a shame you'll have to take your good-looking map with you.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

nubishdubishbone

the shame is you wont answer a fucking question but have plenty of time to counter-attack (are we playing a game rifght now? if so it feels like im stuck with a tazer and big men are shooting at me, with UZZII PWNED).

the "im too important to handle things the right way because that's not how the rest of the world works" is too bad, not the map i made that will be replicated by release.

Make a game that's fun not gimmicky.

btw i didnt try hard all i did for the past 1 week i've been building this map is smoke legal herbal pot substitute and have fun, all i did was post massive amounts of media updates, and ask feedback on what should be different/ better... sounds like working hard at The Job It Is To Create Content for Someone's Game.

anyone who builds games based on Gam Play> Realism either is just out to make money, is part of NAMLBA, or is deathly afraid of being in a situation where what they;'re playing could be what their real job is. pussy's.

frvge

I'm not going to argue with you. We do the best we can, when we feel like it.

nubishdubishbone

again communications has broken down... didnt ask for argument, asked how to stop emitters from going into unwanted places.

im glad you dont read what i say cuz it makes me feel better that you shy away from real people with real issues, you should work for BP's Victim's Relations.

get your fatass workin' farley, they're gonna want a 1:1 in about 96 hours... lol.

Lyfe Out!

tigaer

unskilled

Sorry, but I can't understand what happened.  ??? ??? ??? Can someone explain me that ?

CurdyMilk

All I can say is...is...is...is...it's a shame.

AgentX_003

Quote from: nubishdubishbone on September 05, 2010, 10:50:49 PM
the shame is you wont answer a fucking question but have plenty of time to counter-attack (are we playing a game rifght now? if so it feels like im stuck with a tazer and big men are shooting at me, with UZZII PWNED).

the "im too important to handle things the right way because that's not how the rest of the world works" is too bad, not the map i made that will be replicated by release.

Make a game that's fun not gimmicky.

btw i didnt try hard all i did for the past 1 week i've been building this map is smoke legal herbal pot substitute and have fun, all i did was post massive amounts of media updates, and ask feedback on what should be different/ better... sounds like working hard at The Job It Is To Create Content for Someone's Game.

anyone who builds games based on Gam Play> Realism either is just out to make money, is part of NAMLBA, or is deathly afraid of being in a situation where what they;'re playing could be what their real job is. pussy's.

1. interms of inspiration ; I was the one who said what your doing is great because its inspiring others to make maps , so it has nothing to do with the team having said that.

2. Just because the team can't help you at the snap of your finger doesn't give you the right to blow up on them, alot of the team has other things on the go, Oh I dunno a full time job, Kids ? / working full time at a game studio / teaching 3D design classes ( you know who you are ) .

3. You seem to think that the team put a gun to your head saying , MAKE US A MAP NOW , Now as I told you via Xfire you wanted to created this map which I might add was done out of your own inspiration, which I and many others were looking forward upon completion cause it had so much potential But No you Blow up n go off the chain / crushing everyone's hopes , whats Up with that ? you have alot of people backing you up, I dunno how much moral support one would want than that.

4. Some times i just wish you would just take a step back.  Ya uve been wondering the question of how to stop rain coming down threw a roof of a building . Fine. No need to blow up .

Finally You complain at the fact that Im getting paid and your not ,well the fact of the matter is this , NO i don't get paid to tell people about project stealth as much as Id like to.

and Project stealth's mission was to be a free independent game. If people wanna donate money out of THIER FREE WILL , thats up to them.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

frvge

again communications has broken down... didnt ask for argument, asked how to stop emitters from going into unwanted places.

As said before, we answer when we can. I don't know the answer. Therefor I can't answer it. I think it's pretty simple to find in a Cascade tutorial tho. Which goes back to: DO IT YOURSELF.

edit: OMG you think we get paid? From where? That big donate button on our website? The enormous list of donators on a special page on the website? Uh? And Agent is not on the team and never will be.

nubishdubishbone

how are you even able to make any progress (which is shockingly slow, though i know it is free time) at all? you have twitter for fans, let alone the comms for dev's, it's not that you can't answer the question it is you won't.

im not thick so to anyone receiving this bs from them: you're right you can''t answer and im a douschbag for wanting to help a MOD (as you once were) grow.

since you asked agent to be annoying as well, he could have nagged someone who knows in .38 sconds off the top of their head how to enable emitter collision.

it's not what you say, it's how you either say it because it is fuckin rude, or it's a lack of an answer because of some bs that i don't care about.

if what i said and what you hide is true... you will make a good amount of money off of this travesty of a game. it's indy, why would i think you cannot sell it? You defeated the copyright issue about STEALING an ENTIRE GAME in like, what 8 months? and maybe it's because building a game that is lack-luster in features (just group all the security together, add some static-electricity nerdy things, oh yeah and screen filters, and all you really have left is 3 brightly lit guys with guns vs. 3 guys in matte black trash bags with tazers. i didnt offer to map because i like the game, i did it because some of you are actually part of some good memories. ignoring me now erases that and all im left with is "i dont want to know you"... dev is more than just Make a Map, and Do it yourself, its supposed to be about team-work.

frvge

Hint: Try looking at DampingFactor after collision. Yes, that's 2 mins of GOOGLE. No, I didn't test it so it can be wrong.

Can't sell it because I generally try to not break promises.

If you feel like complaining, please do it somewhere else. If you can behave, feel free to stay here. I'm done with you and this thread.

nubishdubishbone

yeah it does help searching the answer to the question, however it doesnt help someone without a clue to advance...

no thanks, you aint done with me until you have the balls to ban instead of your Swiss policy against invaders. Scientists deserve to be paid more because they cant enjoy life if they knew what it was... besides the big-boobied chicks that only do you for money, i mean cuz you're so handsome.

i get the answer now, like i said you tube is bloated, there really should be a place like 3d buzz (now commercialized PoS) that does only tech videos, you know like i used to do dozens of for dizzle and other mappers in CT.text might be ok for someone who has experience with a system ttheyre working with but since UE 3 is pretty new and i've been out of graphics for 2 yars you'd think that might hint you in to: "a video tutorial might work for this guy!"