* ** CAMERA ANGLE ****

Started by AgentX_003, June 29, 2008, 01:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

AgentX_003

don't mind my crazy dwarf , hes got problems like this LoL . 

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Neverdown

Quote from: MR.Mic on June 29, 2008, 02:45:20 PM
I think there should be an option to make the dead person's camera completely black when dead, just like they have in some Counter Strike competitive matches.

The option "Fade-to-black" (sp? :P) is only on in a offline LAN event. I think it's a little bit over the top anyway. It's a good point to instant switch to your teamwork so you can't see mercs placing mines after you die. You should be able to see what your teammate sees, so you can't give him any help like having thermal vision while he's on a ceiling and telling where the mercs are using a third-party voice program.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Neverdown on July 01, 2008, 07:11:13 PM
I think there should be an option to make the dead person's camera completely black when dead, just like they have in some Counter Strike competitive matches.

The option "Fade-to-black" (sp? :P) is only on in a offline LAN event. I think it's a little bit over the top anyway. It's a good point to instant switch to your teamwork so you can't see mercs placing mines after you die. You should be able to see what your teammate sees, so you can't give him any help like having thermal vision while he's on a ceiling and telling where the mercs are using a third-party voice program.

speaking on that notion, i talked to alot of people who use vent, and they said they would stop using

such programs as teamspeak and ventrillo if the voice quality in game was very clear, and id say for the most part maybe Liquid 133 can back me up on this, it is pretty clear.

Gawain

mics should always be activated ingame (if you don't use it, unplug it) so that hacking voip n stuff works and so that its more fun in lobby. but i can totally understand for a team to use third-party voip programs as it allows communication while looking for a game session, having a clanmate hop into your channel etc.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Quote from: Rambo on July 01, 2008, 08:04:05 PM
mics should always be activated ingame (if you don't use it, unplug it) so that hacking voip n stuff works and so that its more fun in lobby. but i can totally understand for a team to use third-party voip programs as it allows communication while looking for a game session, having a clanmate hop into your channel etc.
+1 for always-on mic.

frvge

Interesting idea about the always-on mike.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

I <3 U

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 01, 2008, 07:20:07 PM
Quote from: Neverdown on July 01, 2008, 07:11:13 PM

speaking on that notion, i talked to alot of people who use vent, and they said they would stop using

such programs as teamspeak and ventrillo if the voice quality in game was very clear, and id say for the most part maybe Liquid 133 can back me up on this, it is pretty clear.

Compared with third party voice apps (MSN, Skype) its awful, but its clear enough to understand.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Well, it's still better than the one in CS:S, not mentioning CT.

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Rambo on July 01, 2008, 03:59:20 PM
or some advertising XD

what happens when both are dead at the same time?

"Your next life will come shortly, sorry for the wait.  Meanwhile, you can sit back and open up a ice cold bottle of the all new 'Banana Lime' Mountain Dew!  A refreshing blend of your favorite fruits that revive your senses and give you hours of energy!  Perfect for the hardcore gamer... Enjoy!"

;D

AgentX_003

can you please not hijack my thread >_>  . 

I <3 U

Quote from: Papa Skull on July 01, 2008, 11:12:33 PM
Quote from: Rambo on July 01, 2008, 03:59:20 PM
or some advertising XD

what happens when both are dead at the same time?

"Your next life will come shortly, sorry for the wait.  Meanwhile, you can sit back and open up a ice cold bottle of the all new 'Banana Lime' Mountain Dew!  A refreshing blend of your favorite fruits that revive your senses and give you hours of energy!  Perfect for the hardcore gamer... Enjoy!"

;D

Haha.

I <3 U

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 01, 2008, 11:18:37 PM

he's not, all that can be discussed about this topic, has been discussed, leave poor paparette alone:).

Farley4Fan

Quote from: AgentX_003 on July 01, 2008, 11:18:37 PM

Technically, it's still somewhat on topic...  ;)  Well, sort of...

Oh!  Paparette!  Sounds like a nice smurfing name hehe good suggestion...

Neverdown

What is wrong with third-party voice programs? People say they lag the game, but all UT3 clans use Ventrilo or TeamSpeak. The second problem with them is that people tend to give away stuff while being dead/ in spectator mode. This second thing can be countered very easy; make spectators to see the same thing the guy they are spectating sees: for merc this would be first person, for spy it would be a fixed third person cam.