Main Menu

UT3 Map

Started by Hyrage, May 07, 2008, 07:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyrage

Hi guys, as I said, I was busy on this map. The map is nearly finished, I let some "mistakes" in it to make a proper final version when it will come. You can download it and see by yourselves. If you want me on PS, I should be free on May 15th. Now, I must work on the deco ^^.

See you later guys  8)...
Follow your papa skull tips  :P

Name: DM-Straight Control

Version: Early Beta

Description: The human race is actually living is hardest time, but do not give up yet. Your fight has just begun, because you are the new threat.

Screenshots:

Content:

• Hybrid Designed [DM, TDM & CTF]
  • Advanced Jump Gameplays
  • Custom Teleporters [will be improved soon]
  • Custom Weapon Pickup [Enforcer]
  • 2 activating doors [control points for CTF matches]
  • A few Interactive Elements [will be improved soon]
  • Where is the Redeemer!!? :o
  • Two human symbols
  • A lot of love :cool:
Credits:

• Epic Games
    Thx guys, you made such an incredible Editor to work with and his stability is stunning.

• AnubanUT2
    He referred me to LordStrider and for his incredible implication around here

• LordStrider
    For the tip to make a Custom Weapon Pickup [Enforcer]

• The Epic Games Forum Community
    Thx guys to be there, supporting each others and keeping all this truly alive. Keep up making great stuff!

Download:

Click Here to Download!!

Install:
My documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Maps
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1015/achievement3zo3.jpg[/img]

"Video Games are art, but we don't play art, we play games."

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

(UT3 forums post) Looks great, downloading.
(/UT3 forums post)

goodkebab

looks good....

think you could convert it to a  PS map?

ie:  lights and shadows

vents and vertical gameplay

Hyrage

Quote from: goodkebab on May 07, 2008, 10:04:37 PM
looks good....

think you could convert it to a  PS map?

ie:  lights and shadows

vents and vertical gameplay
It wouldn't really fit [I think] lol, but it could be funny... but maybe it's a good idea. To be honest, this was basically my private test room for UE3. I'm actually messing up around Cascade to create beakable windows and wooden plates that we could use for PS.

Well I think about it and I could change somethings to make it fit...

Hyrage

But I was more looking in the creation of a pure PS map lol also using indoor/outdoor.

Farley4Fan

Looks like a steel squat V2.   :D 

Hyrage

Quote from: Papa Skull on May 08, 2008, 01:00:43 AM
Are you kidding? lolllllllllllll Steel Squat is a huge cube X_x.

My map is made like a Tree starting from the two houses, the courtyard, fortress (left), inside building (right) and the huge 3rd floors building [top center].

;D

Farley4Fan

Quote from: Hyrage on May 08, 2008, 01:44:07 AM
Quote from: Papa Skull on May 08, 2008, 01:00:43 AM
Are you kidding? lolllllllllllll Steel Squat is a huge cube X_x.

My map is made like a Tree starting from the two houses, the courtyard, fortress (left), inside building (right) and the huge 3rd floors building [top center].

;D

Oh my bad.  I could totally tell from that 1 picture.  ::)  Haha just kiddin.  From one of those pics it looked like a courtyard between 2 big buildings.  Steel Squat.

Hyrage

Like I wrote it's a lot bigger than just that. Actually, the PS3 is not able to run the map X_x, lack of Ram memory.

Zedblade

Looks good. I would have to play it to really get a sense of the layout.

The only bad thing about it from an artists point of view is the lighting... it's horrible. But It's still in Beta...

Hyrage

Quote from: Zedblade on May 08, 2008, 07:22:06 PM

The only bad thing about it from an artists point of view is the lighting... it's horrible. But It's still in Beta...
8) hell yeah mwouhahahahahaa...
But if the Beta map was near perfect already, what kind of surprise would you get with a final version looking exactly the same  ::)

Zedblade

Quote from: Hyrage on May 08, 2008, 08:30:51 PM

But if the Beta map was near perfect already, what kind of surprise would you get with a final version looking exactly the same  ::)

Technically, a Beta map is more or less done and only in the testing phase with minor tweaks and polish. The lighting should be more or less down. Now it looks like there is just one skylight lighting everything evenly...

If you want any tips or hell, want to hand the map over to me for a lighting pass, I'm always willing to help. Just hit me up on xfire.

Hyrage

Quote from: Zedblade on May 08, 2008, 08:39:43 PM
Quote from: Hyrage on May 08, 2008, 08:30:51 PM

Technically, a Beta map is more or less done and only in the testing phase with minor tweaks and polish. The lighting should be more or less down. Now it looks like there is just one skylight lighting everything evenly...

If you want any tips or hell, want to hand the map over to me for a lighting pass, I'm always willing to help. Just hit me up on xfire.
You are totally right  :D
This is a bit different when you make something for the industry and something for the community. Because the Beta is release for the community, they expect more than just Beta-Gold version. If they already play the Beta for weeks, they will already be bored with the Final version. The same way I get bored of Halo 3... lol. So I was planning to release a stunning final instead of a stunning beta.

I'm not familiar yet with the lightning of this Engine and, don't know why, it doesn't look like in my Ed once rendered so I'll figure out why. I would be so pleased to get any help on that, I'll hit you on xFire ^^ soon.

Did you experience the Post-Processing effects yet?