Main Menu

Ask-the-Devs

Started by frvge, February 21, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Hi all,

The previous version wasn't exactly how I had planned it, so here's another version.

You can target a particular Dev, who will then try to answer your question personally.
The Dev doesn't need to answer questions he doesn't want to answer.
If it's not possible that the Dev answers, or he doesn't want to answer, I'll tell you.
Over-the-top questions may be deleted.

Some tips on questions:
- Try to keep it PS-related
- Personal questions regarding work or social life and background can also be asked. It depends on the Dev is he wants to answer these or not.
- Try not to go too much off-topic.

Devs:

Producer
--------
frvge

Co-Producer
------------
MacBryce

Programmers
------------
MulleDK13
LennardF1989
BakerCo

Programmer Advisor
-------------------
Overstatement

Modellers
---------
Gui Brazil
Bionic-Blob
B1nArY_001
goodkebab

Animators
---------
limikkin
Denny

Level Designers
--------------
Innocent-US
MR.Mic
Zedblade

Sound Producer
---------------
element54

Music Composer
---------------
Theodore W

2D Artist
--------
seefoo

Writer
------
Slowhand

Mystery
-------
Iservealot

Visual Effects
-------
MR.Mic

MR.Mic EDIT: I am the Visual Effects artist, not a level designer (primarily)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Vega

Gui Brazil, when did you start modeling?  Personal question; when did you realize that you're a bigger noob at life than that vega guy???

<3

Tidenburg

Open Question:What ever happened to the IRC channel?

Gui Brazil

Quote from: Vega on February 21, 2008, 11:48:09 PM
Gui Brazil, when did you start modeling?  Personal question; when did you realize that you're a bigger noob at life than that vega guy???

<3

I started doing models a little more than a year ago after seeing a render of a scene done by Mic in Showoff Time back in the Ubi forums.

I realized that I was way more awesome at life than that Vega guy when he stalked me for 2 weeks and a half just to get me to say hi to him.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Tidenburg on February 22, 2008, 12:22:53 AM
Open Question:What ever happened to the IRC channel?

It should still be up, just no one that ever joins again :(

Vega

Quote from: Gui Brazil on February 22, 2008, 12:26:08 AM
I started doing models a little more than a year ago after seeing a render of a scene done by Mic in Showoff Time back in the Ubi forums.

I realized that I was way more awesome at life than that Vega guy stalked me for 2 weeks and a half just to get me to say hi to him.

Ah yes, I remember that.  Back when the Ubi forums were somewhat cool (although on their way to destruction because of new mods).

yeah it was just so cute seeing you wave and everything, just made me wanna eat you right up!  mmmhmmm!

iservealot

Question for Frvge

Why is Iservealot always posted as a mystery? I thought it was obvious by now that I work with the most anything that has to do with the engine and effects. Maybe some levels and UI soon too. :/

Zedblade

Quote from: iservealot on February 23, 2008, 11:58:36 PM
Question for Frvge

Why is Iservealot always posted as a mystery? I thought it was obvious by now that I work with the most anything that has to do with the engine and effects. Maybe some levels and UI soon too. :/

maybe becuase you haven't actually done anything productive yet? How can we know what you do if you haven't produced any sort of results.

Tidenburg

L3d

Seefoo how come youre fuckin awesome as awesome as you are huh? ??? incorrect inglesh haters fuk off

Tidenburg

QuoteSeefoo how come youre fuckin awesome as awesome as you are huh? Huh incorrect inglesh haters fuk off

Sorry, I realise my last two posts were random but somewhat relevant...

OK. New Question
For all developers. Can you reveal how well the spy works at the moment? Is he controllable with the keys and have the ability to crouch, etc?

frvge

Quote from: Tidenburg on February 24, 2008, 12:50:04 AM
For all developers. Can you reveal how well the spy works at the moment? Is he controllable with the keys and have the ability to crouch, etc?
We're getting some results, but we're currently waiting for more animations. So it'll take a while till we're ready to show it off. All in due time It'll be worth it ;)
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Farley4Fan

Are you guys actively searching for animators atm?  It seems like every post I see the devs are talking about waiting for the animators to catch up.  Looks like they are the key to getting the developing process going from what I can see.

Can you guys tell us how well the merc works atm?  Have you been able to atleast move the merc in first person?

frvge

Can you guys tell us how well the merc works atm?  Have you been able to atleast move the merc in first person?
A basic FPS camera works. The Spy's 3rd person camera too.

Overstatement

I DID IT ALL! ;D You're welcome. Just joking, it's a team effort.