**Wider VentS***

Started by AgentX_003, May 31, 2008, 10:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgentX_003

Kk just playing some ct and i notice that kinda slows down things , that you cant put ur back up  the vent side and let your partner pass you or he ends up jumping you because of that , I dunno if the dev's have thought of this . Please Discuss

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

+1 I'm all for it, but if you consider REAL vents, there should be both kinds of them.

Gawain

real vents are rather smaller than bigger...

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Depends on the building they're in.

Gawain

on ct maps there is an unrealistic amount of vents, and most of them are totally oversized. also considering that vents hurt the gameplay in most cases and that it's not a bad thing that you have to think before you find yourself in a narrow spot and want to get past your mate, i can't see any need for wider vents.

Farley4Fan

Gameplay > Realism

Maybe a variety of vents, some small, some wide, some tall, etc...

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on May 31, 2008, 07:11:40 PM
on ct maps there is an unrealistic amount of vents, and most of them are totally oversized. also considering that vents hurt the gameplay in most cases and that it's not a bad thing that you have to think before you find yourself in a narrow spot and want to get past your mate, i can't see any need for wider vents.

It is a fkin pain on mus in spwn when u got some dipshit on ur team just camping in the vent above cafe. Just an example, but yerh im all for it & Papa is right Gameplay > Realism. Heck we are playing a game where spies can almost turn themself invisible.

Farley4Fan

For the record, camo suits aren't unrealistic, Freeman.  They are figuring out ways to make it possible.  Making tiny tiny cameras on one side of the suit project the image they see on the other side of the suit on tiny little monitors.

goodkebab

The only rule to vents is their height.  Width is insignificant....its just part of aethetic design which is up to the mapper.

Zedblade

Quote from: goodkebab on June 01, 2008, 02:02:20 AM
The only rule to vents is their height.  Width is insignificant....its just part of aethetic design which is up to the mapper.

Actually, the CT vent size will be the standard. Width and height. Mappers can make differant sizes for specific cicumstances, but the standard 128x128 can't go any higher. I mean, it will be harder to weave anything bigger around the map without it looking completey retarded. Also, the spy not being able to pass another spy isn't a problem for the current CT size, it's just that the devs didn't think about it. If we want to, we can easily make it possible while keeping the current size.

Farley4Fan

How about making it possible for 1 spy to press up one side of the vent, then the other spy presses up on the other side of the vent, then they can both walk in opposite directions to pass eachother.  Seems like an easy fix.  I think vent size should be up to the mapper.

Zedblade

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 01, 2008, 06:36:42 AM
How about making it possible for 1 spy to press up one side of the vent, then the other spy presses up on the other side of the vent, then they can both walk in opposite directions to pass eachother.  Seems like an easy fix.  I think vent size should be up to the mapper.

Thats a pretty obvious way to do it, and no, the vent size needs to be the same for the majority of the vents. What you think is irrelevent.

Farley4Fan

Why do they all have to be the same?  It's not that important I'm just wondering why they all have to be uniform.  They weren't all the same size in CT.  Didn't really present a balance problem that I could see.

MR.Mic

A 128x128x128 notch in a vent every few meters solves the problem with virtually no extra work.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

AgentX_003

Hmm im glad i made this thread :D , mmm Controversy :P 

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD