**Wider VentS***

Started by AgentX_003, May 31, 2008, 10:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Quote from: MR.Mic on June 01, 2008, 08:48:04 AM
A 128x128x128 notch in a vent every few meters solves the problem with virtually no extra work.

I like a back-to-wall-ed Spy with a smaller collision better. Even in CT, it sometimes looks as if it should be possible...
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

Quote from: MR.Mic on June 01, 2008, 08:48:04 AM
A 128x128x128 notch in a vent every few meters solves the problem with virtually no extra work.

Not really, the best way to do it is to just animate and code in the ability for spies to pass each other. We know from CT that when spies press up to wall in a vent, it looks like another spy could pass pretty easily, but since they didn't set up changing collisions, i'ts not possible. So... we just set up the collision changing.

What you suggested is more of a quick fix for certain areas and not an actual feature.

Or w/e.

Royale

If you want to see a big vent, then check the one in CT on aquarius between the greek temple and the pirates room. Very useless.

I've got accustomed to the vents in CT and I had no problems with them. Therefore I don't see why this should be changed in PS.
Changing collisions sounds better to me.

Westfall

Quote from: Royale on June 06, 2008, 06:50:18 PM
If you want to see a big vent, then check the one in CT on aquarius between the greek temple and the pirates room. Very useless.

I've got accustomed to the vents in CT and I had no problems with them. Therefore I don't see why this should be changed in PS.
Changing collisions sounds better to me.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...that vent is furthest from useless.

Gawain

Westfall

Quote from: Rambo on June 06, 2008, 08:14:50 PM
the big room in it is.

How is the big room useless? You can sit and think about your next move while regenerating health and waiting for your mate to do something to get one of the mercs away from the vents. You guys seriously amaze me sometimes.

Cyntrox

Quote from: Westfall on June 06, 2008, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: Rambo on June 06, 2008, 08:14:50 PM
the big room in it is.

How is the big room useless? You can sit and think about your next move while regenerating health and waiting for your mate to do something to get one of the mercs away from the vents. You guys seriously amaze me sometimes.
And it helps that the room is big because...?

Farley4Fan

It doesn't matter how big it is.  It's useful.  It could be the 128x128x128 and it would still be a useful spot for a spy.

BurningDeath

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 06, 2008, 11:37:34 PM
It doesn't matter how big it is.  It's useful.  It could be the 128x128x128 and it would still be a useful spot for a spy.
yeah but it wouldnt look too good.

.leelu12.

Its more annoying when there is a coop from a vent (Mount Hospital) and your partner doesnt realise you he has to go past if first before pressing t  ::)
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/anaperkovic/LeeluPinkFLowers.jpg[/img]

Add my xfire (leelu12) to chat sc/ps or organise a game/train me :D
<|TLK|>  {{ (T)eam (L)ion (K)ing - if you think this film is cool, add this below your sig :P }}

Farley4Fan

Quote from: BurningDeath on June 07, 2008, 12:38:31 AM
Quote from: Papa Skull on June 06, 2008, 11:37:34 PM
yeah but it wouldnt look too good.

That's a good reason why that room is "soo big".

Gawain

tbh this whole vent is a good example of really bad map design. it's like oh my map balance sucks, so i implement a stupid vent that hurts the gameplay but gives the spies a little advantage.

Westfall

Quote from: Rambo on June 07, 2008, 05:08:21 PM
tbh this whole vent is a good example of really bad map design. it's like oh my map balance sucks, so i implement a stupid vent that hurts the gameplay but gives the spies a little advantage.

The vent was useful because it helped spy get from A to B. The size of the vent doesn't mean shit.

Gawain

at least one end of the vent is way too close to an objective.

Westfall

Quote from: Rambo on June 07, 2008, 06:35:31 PM
at least one end of the vent is way too close to an objective.

As can be said about MANY vents in CT. Poor statement.