Main Menu

Alien Worm

Started by DreadStunLock, May 12, 2011, 08:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadStunLock

Speaking of help, where is my Animation tutorial  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Just kidding, take your time :P

comicsserg

yea sry it's due to my internship I almost don't have any free time :S

DreadStunLock

Dude, Study > Friends.

LennardF1989

Tutorial:
- Add a few bones to your mesh
- Select each bone and use the paint tool to control which polygons the selected bone controls
- Create a keyframe animation
- Press the loop button
- Press the play button
- PROFIT!?

DreadStunLock

I am thinking of adding him some demonic wings, I think that would be quite funkeh.

DreadStunLock

So I made another one, fixed the edges and vertices this is rendered by the way without any modifiers.

Though it looks quite ugly? Also I don't know what is your opinion, but I don't really want to believe that organic forms especially like worms who are all squishy and stretchy should be symmetrical? So I only used a maximised "Perspective" viewport and just modelled away kind of?

Also, how come the polygons are all lighted up so strangely?

LennardF1989

You can apply a Smooth modifier - in Maya I press Numpad 3 for that - or you can add more polygons to make it more high-res. You can manually smooth out the eyes by adding some edge loops.

DreadStunLock

comicsserg

according to me, you have polygons with more than 4 vertices under the eyes of the worm

DreadStunLock

Freaking X-ray vision ¬.¬

Edit: Working on the fix now, making sure that the every guy has got 4 playboy girls in his corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFL55bjLiW8             <-------------------

comicsserg

hahahaah :D np
but it's too fast to see every poly :D

DreadStunLock

Uuuuurrrrghhh  >:(

Fine, give me another 5 minutes....Comicsserg.

DreadStunLock

Just while topic is alive and before I post the video:

A small question, while I was doing modelling and drawing it's all good and fun and really enjoyable, but I get bored halfway through because I always think it takes too long, and because of the goddamn speed videos it just puts me off.

So a question to all of you.

Now I know the 3D models of the Spy and the Mercenary took around 400 hours to make each.

What about:

Animation, Comicsserg how long does it take to make a standard animation? Of "Project Stealth" quality?

Modelling, Binary how long does it take to make props like the grenade and the mine?

Programming, Morten and Lennard how long does it take to make a basic standard required script that matches the quality of Project Stealth game?

Environment, Zedblade how long does it take to create a decent standard level or a prop or a field?

Estimates, just an estimate so I can get on the track correctly.

comicsserg

the animation can take a lot of your time especially if you try to make it decent.
Sometimes while making some other animation (not for PS but for another project) it takes me weeks and sometimes even month.

However the regular animation like reload and run or melee takes a few days to make and again a few days to polish etc

It is also very important that the rig that you are animating is done very good otherwise the animating process becomes a hell.

DreadStunLock

Yeah, especially on 3DS max, you have to get the biped as close to your character in size and shape as possible, otherwise when you move his body parts, it looks like he is made out of the rubber ><