Tick Tock (Chaffed, Smoked, Flashed)

Started by frvge, June 22, 2009, 12:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidenburg

Eight and a bit hours.   :P

feev

what could it be..

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

frvge

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...

Booting data transmission system.
POST check... OK
Running unit tests... OK
Opening socket...OK
Securing socket... OK
Synching with data server... OK
Fetching comments... OK

Displaying comments: "Old footage: early Merc and Spy, but the effect is still like that"

Transmitting data:

Sending data chunk #1:
Chaffed Effect (7MB)

Mirrors:
ModDB

Closing socket... OK
Hibernating

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...

ETA: T minus 72 hours.

Tick...Tock...
Tick...Tock...
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

ShadowX

Great as usual. But got me thinking that it could possibly use a bit more static, altho this can't be exactly said without seeing it in action. Can't wait for what's coming next.

frvge

Don't forget there'll be a particle emitter for the chaff-particles which will clog up your screen too :)

MR.Mic

Quote from: ShadowX on June 24, 2009, 12:10:51 AM
Great as usual. But got me thinking that it could possibly use a bit more static, altho this can't be exactly said without seeing it in action. Can't wait for what's coming next.

Chaff should not be a substitute for flash or smoke. The merc should still have reasonable visibility, especially because he is robbed of other visions while in the field.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Awesome job! Looks impressive, I can't wait to see the end result with the particles etc.

Just this, will the merc have his HUD disabled like in SCCT? Or are you planning to disable bits of it?

Farley4Fan

Cool effect! But i have a question. When the merc looks down it seems like he has a beer belly and there are clipping issues.  Lol.  What is that when the merc looks down?

LoChang

Great job guys.  But the animation looks unrealistic you need to do it all over again.

I'm kidding.

Can't wait!

MR.Mic

Quote from: Papa Skull on June 24, 2009, 04:36:40 AM
Cool effect! But i have a question. When the merc looks down it seems like he has a beer belly and there are clipping issues.  Lol.  What is that when the merc looks down?

That was super-alpha view model, where we just stuck a view camera inside the merc model. The clipping is from the lower part of the helmet, I think. The current version is nothing like that.
[size=2]Lead Visual Effects Artist - Advanced Materials, Particles, and Post-Process Effects
Website: http://studentpages.scad.edu/~ctripp20/index.htm][/size]

Gawain

the effect is a little bit too strong.

LoChang

"...in my opinion."

Personally, I think it's fine.  Besides, get the small stuff down and move onto bigger things.  Chaff effects would be about an 83 on a list of my top 85 priorities.

VaNilla

I also think that the effect is a little too strong, but apart from that I like it :). Besides, it can be changed if necessary when the team is ready.

neth

tbh one effect isn't that much for a tick tock