Concept Menus / UI

Started by Daybreak, June 23, 2007, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daybreak

Hey hey,

I've had the ideas for a while, just no time to computerize them. I've created two pages to covey my concept. The main login page and the profile page. Since no final name or colours have been discussed, I figure I'd throw in my idea. I've never done anything like this before so I kept it simple.

The boarders and text texture, I am still working on. I'm trying to recreated what I did with the V however, it's proving rater difficult. Also the icons are those directly from CT. I am hoping either to have our own little designs, or the actual renders or our eventual weapons.

Discuss.

NEW
Added Lobby

Update June 30

LiVe.To.Di3

i like it but something is just not right and i dont know what  ??? but anyways its not bad

Daybreak

I think it may be the lack of texture for the yellow text. It looks unfinished as well, which could be what your picking up, because it is unfinished. I guess that shows me I shouldn't post unfinished work. lol.

frvge

I like the yellow I think. Overall it looks good.
Bonus points for Pirate_Jack of course.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Spekkio

Heh...

I like the screen. Thing is, you probably won't be able to change profiles while online, so this is what I suggest:

There is a "LOGIN" button somewhere there. Before you login, you can pick a profile, and the "LOBBY" button is greyed out (replaces "HOST SERVER JOIN").

Once you go into the lobby, you see the host/join options. A functional lobby chat and a friends IM would be great.

I like the concept though. Very nice, and doesn't try to overdo it with fancy graphics.

Gawain

gj ;)
keep it clean and simple. i really like the font used for the profiles/gadget description and the good contrast (yellow font/white gadgets on black background). gogogo ;D

goodkebab

I like how everything is on one screen.....avoids confusion that way. 

As it stands, we will be able to use stuff for place holders for the programmers.

---------------

I would like to discuss small improvements though in simple layout changes.

Mostly with where you place each text and the heirarchy.

like:  Join should only be available under Lobby

editor and stats are questionable features atm.

Its not limited to that though, but its an awesome start in a good direction.

Normally we would need to discuss with our programmers of Lobby chat and Server Lobby chat are both possible .....

And also,  If we should have Over code this now if it is possible to link it to UT 3.

LiVe.To.Di3

i like the lobby a lot. i dont see anything wrong with it and its easy to understand.

Overstatement

I've never actually seen a mod for any game change the menu's coding. Just the background and colour of text but they always reserve the same layout and function as the original game's UI. It's probably not lazyness that they would do that but that they are forced to do it. I think it's safer to be thinking about ingame UI elements than on the menu we may not be able to change.

iservealot

Quote from: Overstatement on June 24, 2007, 04:01:34 AM
I've never actually seen a mod for any game change the menu's coding. Just the background and colour of text but they always reserve the same layout and function as the original game's UI. It's probably not lazyness that they would do that but that they are forced to do it. I think it's safer to be thinking about ingame UI elements than on the menu we may not be able to change.

Lucky for us UE3 actually now has this visual UI thingy. Yup, and it seems to be fully functional as it is now. Of course along with designing it, would need some code too. Though, it might all be visual scripting now. I'd have to take a look.

Gawain

i like the general desing and how you filled the sketches with life :)
the bad thing that catches my eye first is the proportioning, but i'm sure you just rushed with it :P
anyway, gj

goodkebab

as I understand it iservalot, we are free to have the UI the way we want?

also,  is it worth having us do this with 3rd party software that can connect to UT?

Bionic-Blob

Quote from: goodkebab on June 24, 2007, 02:30:36 PM
as I understand it iservalot, we are free to have the UI the way we want?

also,  is it worth having us do this with 3rd party software that can connect to UT?

i hate stuff that does that myself. it just seems so clunky.

goodkebab

goodkebab

btw:  I have also asked seefoo to help on the menu stuff as well.  He comes from a graphic design - marketing background,  so between the 2 of you we should have the menu stuff sorted out.

Thanx a lot so far.