The slippery slope...

Started by monterto, January 13, 2011, 11:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monterto

I know that it won't be changed, but does anyone else think that this has happened to the spy model and to a lesser extent the mercs too?

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks this...

http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

Farley4Fan

Cool drawing but I don't know what you are connecting this to.  U talking aout the PS spy?  I think the PS characters look faithful to the old CT/PT models but with some of their own visual style.

Wh1tE_Dw4rF

Something about the merc and spy getting a too fancy gearset for their purpose?

frvge

General time is near-future btw. Like 2050.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

monterto

It doesn't matter how futuristic the game setting is, the point im making is that the spy and to a lesser extent the merc have been over-detailed to the point of looking rather silly.

Farley4Fan

If you look at the drawing you clearly see that the more detailed he becomes, the happier he gets.  The smile gets bigger.  A prefer my spies to be smiling.

tigaer

monterto

Farley4Fan

Not enough dancing skeleton puppets.

LennardF1989

I understand your point monerto, the spy indeed looks like he has some kind of armor suit, but he's more or less the second picture, not the third or fourth. We went from latex to a bit more bulky (but not merc-bulky) in order to give it our own style.

@tigaer: What kind of defense is that, lol :P

DreadStunLock

Lol at Farley's ultimate GIFs xD

To be honest, I actually think PS spies don't have enough on them :( Conviction suits were always awesome, I just wish you could see the equipment pockets all over the spies suit, would make it interesting in my opinion.

tigaer

Quote from: LennardF1989 on January 14, 2011, 08:57:02 AM
I understand your point monerto, the spy indeed looks like he has some kind of armor suit, but he's more or less the second picture, not the third or fourth. We went from latex to a bit more bulky (but not merc-bulky) in order to give it our own style.

@tigaer: What kind of defense is that, lol :P

It sounds like he's attacking the art style that was chosen for the spy... like over 2 years ago.

Just looks like somebody complaining for the sake of complaining.

puuusianka

Not rly. Haven't you heard that people "change" after some time. Well maybe there were/are some people who have more objections to your work but they just don't wish to demotivate you. I see this thread as rather a doubt if spy looks ok. I persobally also thought in the beginnin that armor was too much. Now I even like it but I wonder if you did sth with spy's hands which were too "bowy" if you know what I mean. They were:

/. /
        /. /
       /  /
      |. |  <<-------- too small angel WAS here.Looked like monkey.
       \. \
        \. \
         \. \

DreadStunLock

What the hell is that diagram!?!??!?!

Farley4Fan

Its his shaft, and it's clearly broken.