Merc Headshot Indicator

Started by I <3 U, August 11, 2009, 10:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to be notified (by picture) when you get a headshot as Merc?

Yes
12 (66.7%)
No
6 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

I <3 U

Something like the CS or COD4 symbol that appears when you headshot.

Farley4Fan

Yeah I can't see why not.

Why not bring over the HEADSHOT guy from UT?   :D

frvge

What about the announcer from SCDA?

I kid, I kid.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Tidenburg

Hey, the announcer was one of the few things I liked in DA. The sounds in that game were osmsauce.

Savior20061

Quote from: frvge on August 11, 2009, 10:50:37 PM
What about the announcer from SCDA?

I kid, I kid.

HEADSHOT! HEADSHOT!
NICE ONE! NICE ONE!
Merc: "My God make it stop!!!"
Blows himself up..........
NICE ONE!
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7339/savsig2cp5.jpg[/img]
An upcoming novel by me.
Melonie from SC forums made this sig =D

Spekkio

NO.

The dead spy is enough indication.

I <3 U

Quote from: Spekkio on August 11, 2009, 11:39:14 PM
NO.

The dead spy is enough indication.

I dont see what harm a small symbol next to "You killed Spekkio" would do...obviously a voice indication would suck, but i dont see whats wrong with a small symbol.

Spekkio

The less shit cluttering my screen to distract me from shooting the other spy, the better.

Spark Mandriller

uh spekkio i can't really feel good about myself unless the game is constantly praising me so uh yeah i think we need an announcer

Farley4Fan

Oh, I see.  This is going to be one of those elitist arguments isn't it?

I <3 U

Quote from: Spekkio on August 12, 2009, 05:11:21 AM
The less shit cluttering my screen to distract me from shooting the other spy, the better.

yer because a symbol is oh-so distracting, we're not talking about a huge piece of text that covers your screen saying "HEADSHOT" here....

MulleDK19

If my heart ever heals, I will make sure it'll never break again.

Gawain

we don't need a headshot indicator like some stupid css kiddies or even an announcer to make the noobs feel good when they finally get a kill. i really hope this game focuses on another target group...

Tidenburg

Quote from: Papa Skull on August 12, 2009, 06:24:42 AM
Oh, I see.  This is going to be one of those elitist arguments isn't it?
Yup, definately.
Quote from: Rambo on August 12, 2009, 04:51:23 PM
we don't need a headshot indicator like some stupid css kiddies or even an announcer to make the noobs feel good when they finally get a kill. i really hope this game focuses on another target group...
You should really look up ad hominem arguments. Saying everyone who believes X is Z is just retarded and makes you look like a douche, you haven't actually made any arguement against the point itself at all.

Gawain

so what exactly is the benefit of a headshot indicator?
a dead spy is a dead spy, no need to tell the world about your awesome aiming skillz.
if you add enough bullshit like that it will not only spam the hud with unnecessary stuff, it will also support/attract childish gameplay that revolves about getting headhots instead of acomplishing the objectives.
in fact i would like it more if you'd just get a message "teammate unconscious"/"tm dead" instead of a detailed version of what happened.