merc confusion gadget

Started by Gawain, February 05, 2008, 01:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Didn't we already discuss this Gawain?  I even made a thread about it.  Feel free to post your suggestions in that thread, because this one is about spy weapons.   

Wait, nevermind.  I see you changed the thread title.

Ion.67

No holograms. Am I the only one who thinks 3/4's of these suggestions are completely retarded?

Westfall

Quote from: Ion.67 on February 07, 2008, 04:48:18 AM
No holograms. Am I the only one who thinks 3/4's of these suggestions are completely retarded?

Can you elaborate on why "no holograms"? It's actually quite a brilliant idea.

Rather than the "no", why not establish a reason(s) why. 

Cyntrox

Quote from: Ion.67 on February 07, 2008, 04:48:18 AM
Then come up with something better yourself.

Farley4Fan

I love the idea of holo pods or hallucination grenades.  They could be implemented in an awesome way that is completely balanced.  You guys might want to look at the holopod thread that I made a while back.  It's got some good suggestions for it in there by the community.

Kubanator

How about hallugenic grenades that make your screen blurry, and screw with colours, maybe brighten up some parts of the screen, and darken others. Holopods would be cool, but it should appear as a big EMF ball and the hologram should automatically assume the pose that the spy had when planting it.

And on the three weapon issue, I think that SS stays, your prototype weapon would work, assuming that you would have to keep the weeapon aimed at the target for it to work, and the glove seems rather useless, as it is only for virus objectives and disables your offensive capabilities (What little you have).

Westfall

Quote from: Kubanator on February 07, 2008, 08:38:35 AM
How about hallugenic grenades that make your screen blurry, and screw with colours, maybe brighten up some parts of the screen, and darken others. Holopods would be cool, but it should appear as a big EMF ball and the hologram should automatically assume the pose that the spy had when planting it.

Flash bang really already covers the whole messing up of the screen. A holo pod would be pretty useful. You should have the option to make it moving or paused.

Gawain

i think my idea is superior to a holo pad because on the one hand it isn't that obvious and offers way more possibilities but on the other hand it requires a spy to actually do something and enforces teamplay.
a holo pad would be way too hard to set up and never convince a merc with more than some hours ingame experience, so it could only work spamming it which is a bad thing.

there's no need for other fancy nades, flash/smoke/chaff work out fine.

the second spy weapon idea sucks, it's impossible to balance a map for both ss and glove. if you want remote hacking and no ss, you need an extra game mode with new maps for it.

Farley4Fan

We've already discussed how to make holopods less obvious, for example:

Record your OWN holopod animations

Have the holopod's movements copy your own.

And holopod's don't deserve to be on EMF, that would make them so obvious.  And it would lead to mercs flipping on EMF everytime they saw a spy.  Plus, holograms are pure light, not electricity.  Possibly you could make the little pod that is projecting the hologram light up on EMF?  It's about the size of a snare.

I would also like hallucination nades.  I don't know if they could be in it as well as holopods, testing would be needed.  But either gadget seems like fun to me.

Spekkio

frvge

What about a gadget that projects another Spy during battle? It'd mimick the original Spy, but the Merc doesn't know what he should be shooting at.
Think DB/DBZ, one of Tien's moves. Mirror Image or w/e.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Kurbutti

Frvge, elbow to the head already causes that.

Spekkio

Quote from: frvge on February 07, 2008, 04:42:58 PM
What about a gadget that projects another Spy during battle? It'd mimick the original Spy, but the Merc doesn't know what he should be shooting at.
Think DB/DBZ, one of Tien's moves. Mirror Image or w/e.
Are you honestly suggesting that you should take a technique from a TV cartoon based on fighting and adopt it to a game based on stealth???