A Question about online...

Started by Coolinator, March 12, 2011, 11:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coolinator

Does Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Still work for online play on the pc???
Im thinking about picking up the game for the pc to be able to play online since the xbox version is down. :'(

zglina

DreadStunLock

Definitely online, playing right now :P Get Xfire it's great for keeping track of people who you meet :)

Cronky

I see it like this...

Online still works? Yes

Vast amount of people online?
No

More than like... 10 people online at one time? Depends on the time of day

More than 100 people online at one time? I doubt it highly, though I've heard tales of such happenings.

...Chance of finding enough people on xFire or Steam or Forums to get a game together? Better than if you were to just hop online and hope for the best.

These are just how I saw it when I tried to get back into it. Sadly, I had no friends that play CT anymore (I originally played on Xbox. Nobody had the PC version), and I got over my nostalgia high before I knew anyone here enough to get a game together (plus I didn't want to learn the controls... again... but more complicated... cause there are too many buttons on the keyboard compared to the xbox controller).
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

DreadStunLock

Pfft, console-baby! PC dominates with buttonz oO

Cronky

Playing Spy on PC hurt my brain after 5 years of games taking less and less "Skill" (as some would call it) to play. (I'm looking at you Peggle, Kitten Cannon, Plants Vs Zombies, and any game with a difficulty setting lower than Easy)

I've become modernized.

Ubisoft should have known that the 360 was coming out when they made CT, and that they should support the 360 gamepad for Versus.

I would've been SOOOO happy.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------

Farley4Fan

Ubi would never go out of their way or well... not out of their way... to help loyal customers. 

The problem with re learning controls is that you know what you should do in a certain situation, but you just can't do it.  It's like being a vegetable person.  You want to say "Bring me water, Nurse, I'm dehydrated", but instead you poop your pants.

Kitten Cannon = Major part of my childhood/One of the numerous reasons I was kicked out of class numerous times (to my class, the random laughter during a test, caused by a kitten going 460 feet per second right into a perfectly placed set of spikes, was too disturbing).

DreadStunLock

Now I am definitely going try that Kitty game!

Cronky

Quote from: Farley4Fan on March 13, 2011, 07:37:52 PM
The problem with re learning controls is that you know what you should do in a certain situation, but...

...instead you poop your pants.

This!

A thousand times this.
-----------------------