No more windows for me.

Started by Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet, July 19, 2010, 05:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaNilla

It's faster but it's not really necessary to take instead of the latest Vista OS for most users, the only big difference is touchscreen functionality.

comicsserg

Quote from: MulleDK19 on July 20, 2010, 09:43:50 AM
Quote from: comicsserg on July 19, 2010, 09:54:02 AMWindows 7 is not much better than VISTA.

What the... Bull-freaking-horse-shit... Windows 7 is WAY better than Vista.

I said "not much"
Quote from: comicsserg on July 19, 2010, 09:54:02 AMWindows 7 is not much better than VISTA.
read benchmarks
example:
http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/information/windows-xp-vs-vista-vs-7/

frvge

There's more to an OS than speed, like stability. And Windows 7 is a LOT more stable than Vista. It's probably more stable than XP was at this age.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

tigaer

Quote from: frvge on July 20, 2010, 12:55:56 PM
There's more to an OS than speed, like stability. And Windows 7 is a LOT more stable than Vista. It's probably more stable than XP was at this age.

frvge, you're supposed to be AFK, as in AWAY FROM KEYBOARD.

I know you busy so imma let chu finish, but...

Don't be spreading lies n shit ;)

frvge

Wut? I'm only gone from 16:00 tomorrow :)
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

tigaer

Thread title: AFK for 10 days
Quote from: frvge on July 19, 2010, 08:51:47 PM
back around the 1st.

You be spreading lies.

Gawain

Quote from: Tidenburg on July 19, 2010, 07:02:51 AM
Windows' features make me warm and fuzzy inside, especially the max/min via dragging your windows to the top and bottom. ^_^
you do realise there are cheap mac window managers out there that do exactly that?

furthermore, for linux there were tiling window managers out there two decades ago that are way more powerful than anything you find on other platforms today.

Farley4Fan

Gawain

monterto

Macs are worth owning now that SC2 is out. But linux still runs it faster with WINE.
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/329891-1.png[/img][/url]
Click to view my detailed stats![/url]

comicsserg

no one single type of operating system can offer universal answers to all your computing needs. It is about having choices and making educated decisions

Spekkio

I would buy a mac...if mac's didn't charge you a premium for their chic marketing campaign and force you to buy their proprietary hardware and use their software to go with their OS. This is the same reason why I opted for a Samsung Captivate over an iPhone.

As for Linux...never used it, probably never will. Computer geeks rave about it, but the fact that it's not supported by a wide array of software that I use, particularly games, turns me off to even bothering with it. I'm not exactly a Windows hater, either, since the program does what I need it to do.

Farley4Fan

I prefer Android over iPhones for the very same reason, Spek.

comicsserg

andriod is also expensive as iPhone :( otherwise i would buy it too