Please tell me...

Started by JrvUnleashed, February 12, 2011, 11:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrvUnleashed

you're making elbow hit a different button from grab.

This has probably been stressed before, but I feel it needs more...stressing.

God that's annoying in CT.
"misunderestimate"
"Strategery"
"prognosticator"
~George W. Bush

knooger

That's not annoying.
There could be different buttons for charge and berserk... in CT sometimes u  berserk when u want charge.
But still it's useless.

Spekkio

Quite honestly, the vast majority of grabs that turn into elbows were not done properly anyway.

The merc's grab area is rather strange, since it's about a little more than 90 degrees to his left to a little less than 180 degrees behind from the left. This is counter-intuitive, and if you approach any bit from the back right you will elbow him rather than grab.

At least the elbow gives you an opportunity to escape a missed grab attempt. If nothing happened, you'd just die.

Farley4Fan

I think it's important to note that the netcode will be better and the grab range will probably be designed better.  It's fine to have the button the same if the game plays the way it's supposed to.  In CT sometimes that wan't the case.

DreadStunLock

Don't forget the fact that, how will the priorities work? What if you just saw the noise meter and you just turn around at the same time as the spy about to grab you? If it's the host he will definitely turn you 180, if you are a client, you will bash him most likely. How will it work in PS with better netframe/code? How the priorities will work? Will it be by 0. seconds or 00.000 seconds or whatever ><

knooger

Guys, different engine, different problems.