Dreadstunlock is back!

Started by RisokunAraiguma, February 15, 2013, 09:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RisokunAraiguma

What's up guy and girls of the Splinter Cell fandom, it is me...MARI-- Dreadstunlock :D

A lot has changed as I see, ever since I quit this forum and only few days ago I checked up some new threads, not bad, the community is  still alive.

So what has changed about me? Well for one thing I am now in University, private one, not a community one. I study (BA) Hons Games Design, like real industry games design not some academic bullshit.

Mondays 9-13, Tuesdays 10-16, Thursdays 10-16.
On Monday from 9 till 10 our lecturer gives us different lectures on the philosophical and psychological views on games, games design, the history of games and how games are created for the audience.

Afterwards I have a tutor called James who does 3D modelling from 10 till 13 o'clock on 3DS Max. So far we learned how to bake nromal maps which is quite fun, next week assignment is going to be gun modelling for portfolio.

Assignment example:

On Tuesdays from 10-16 o'clock I have concept art, nothing but drawing, at one point we even went to Leeds city and visited the armouries.

Some pictures of the concept art lessons:

Our G-Man, Mark Penmann the lecturer.

My Machine with UDK running.

Mark was doodling while we were busy with our first assignments.

Yeah nigguh, I am a Splinter Cell! (FN F2000) real gun just without bullets, really heavy too, but feels so manly to handle.

On Thursdays I have more of a...mechanical/technical lecture on games design, we create board games, test games, create levels in UDK and Unity, we play about on different consoles etc, and have our assignments such as break down a digital game, or turn a digital game into a board game such as Battlefield 3 into a board game or any other title.

Our University also has 2 Xbox consoles which we use for our fun, FIFA tournaments, Street Fighter, Left4Dead, whatever people bring we ball.

I can't remember what these were, they were Playstation...joysticks of some sort, basically Stephen coded them so if you do too much sudden movement the ball will turn red instead of purple, and you have to be careful and knock a person so his joystick turns red, whoever is the last, wins.

We also have a kick ass lounge:

Magazines for our research, each week more and more.

The table is filled with these:

Morning grumpy people just chilling! :D

So yeah, that's the major change about me, ofcourse the hair and lip piercings are explanatory.

But yeah, life is good, I can say it's good to be back, but I don't expect much either.

You guys have Splinter Cell 6 to look out for, versus mode is in, and even if it's going to be crappy or not, it's still a valid competitor. I know I will be buying it instantly.

Also I am back on versus, good shit, good shit.

VaNilla

Blacklist is shaping up pretty well, aside from some minor things, but they have months to improve the game. Hoping all is well with you, looks like you're on a great course :D

RisokunAraiguma

Quote from: VaNilla on February 16, 2013, 02:01:50 PM
Blacklist is shaping up pretty well, aside from some minor things, but they have months to improve the game. Hoping all is well with you, looks like you're on a great course :D

Thank you Vanilla ^_^ I started playing SCCT Versus again with Stevethecookie and Gosmokeashotgun, add me on Skype: Doomfist2 if you are intersted ^_^ same for anyone else <3

Cronky

Glad to hear of some good things! Got any sweet stush you can show off (like actual works)? Last time I saw you doing things here it was the Alien dealy somewhere in the Presentation forum.

It's quieted down a bit here, but not for lack of work being done on the Dev's side, from the sounds of it. Just nothing super interesting to talk about.

Again, glad to hear that you've been doing some fun stush though and good to see you back in the community. :P
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

RisokunAraiguma

Oh well you bloody kidding me, I can't believe I deleted all the Photobucket pictures forgetting about this place...grrr...

ANYWAY! Legacy stuff outdated.

So I am going to resurrect this thread a bit in case someone is interested in what I have to show! ^^

So, next week is the last week of Uni, only fundamental stuff this year, surprisingly boring, all the stuff they taught me except the last project I already knew~ But still good none the less.

So, for 3D modelling, I had 3 assignments, 2 sets of low poly models, SDK re-texture, and the grand assignment creating a real 3D model that can be used in the actual game, and is created up to the standards and requirements to be run in any engine.

Assignment 2

Final assignment 3

RisokunAraiguma

Assignment 2, fat ass ninja girl hurrr  :o

Can't go wrong~

Super slutty: Check.

Assignment 1:

Assignment 3 [WIP] FUCK YOU BAKING!!!!

frvge

Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.