SVM Reveal Trailer

Started by AgentX_003, May 02, 2013, 06:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frvge

Well, OK.

I'm not convinced. It could work. But 4 vs 4... I don't know if it'll have the same feeling as 2 vs 2.

They do have good anims, models and the maps themselves also look nice. We'll have to wait and see.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

SheikTheGeek

To be honest, this game was SUPPOSED to have 5 on 5.  Conviction was supposed to have 4 on 4, but they dropped the ball on Spy vs Merc entirely.  However, much like what Gears of War does now, I could see them having a classic playlist of sorts where 2 on 2 is possible.  Or least an option in the game settings.  Or a join game in session type lobby that can be closed off for 2 on 2, or opened up so players can join in mid game (a very welcome addition).  That gives the old school fans something to hope for.

Some things I noticed:

Knife confirmed for Spies (finally) *also seems to insta kill, like in some PC shooters
Guns confirmed for Spies (do not approve)
Merc has more fire power (a freaking gatling gun...really!?)
Merc has holograms (this is actually cool and acceptable)

EDIT:  Both Spies and Mercs might have "loadouts."  I noticed 1 spy with a pistol as his gun and could run faster, while another had a SMG-type gun but was slower.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

Scanty Chunk

1. From what I saw, the spy could do a physical kill from the front; which I don't like.
2. I feel like the spies still have that lanky frail look from DA, which always bugged me.
3. Motion sensor for Mercs is back, which I hate.
4. @Sheik I'm definitely pissed about the spies with guns thing. Dumb idea.

I think that the gatling gun is the same as the one in CT though.

Overall: eh ok

NeoSuperior

I think this will be "too nice for spies". Meaning the games will be full of only-spy-noobs not just because they are "cooler" but because they also win more now.

I mean the spies can just attack 1 merc with a team of 4... and the mercs cannot just do the same because (I think that) there are multiple objectives.
If there are any orthographic/grammatical errors in this post, you can keep them and, if you want, hang them over your bed ;)

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
- Mike Godwin

CurdyMilk

Hopefully the settings can be customized to provide an old school feel. Definitely not buying it until more information becomes available.

SheikTheGeek

Quote from: Scanty Chunk on May 02, 2013, 09:15:32 PM
1. From what I saw, the spy could do a physical kill from the front; which I don't like.
2. I feel like the spies still have that lanky frail look from DA, which always bugged me.
3. Motion sensor for Mercs is back, which I hate.
4. @Sheik I'm definitely pissed about the spies with guns thing. Dumb idea.

I think that the gatling gun is the same as the one in CT though.

Overall: eh ok

I agree.  Also, I forget if it was in CT or not, but I still dont think its needed.

QuoteI mean the spies can just attack 1 merc with a team of 4... and the mercs cannot just do the same because (I think that) there are multiple objectives.

Yup, and thats worrisome.  Add in the fact the Spies have guns and can shoot the Merc from their hiding spots at range will be pretty unfair.  Even with that Hologram and Gatling Gun, I doubt it would help a Merc if teams are uneven with multiple objectives, unless its a "kills only" game type.  They really seemed to tip the favor back to the Spy side.  So far, this game will need A LOT of MP customization options to make up for all the imbalance going on.
I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in Double Agent and Blacklist.  Why are you looking at me like that?

frvge

I wouldn't judge it yet. We need more gameplay to see if it's imbalanced.
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Cronky

It definitely looks fun, at least in the context of a... more CG than in-game (in terms of an actual round taking place) looking trailer. I noticed that I didn't actually SEE a Spy shoot any of these guns, except for the obvious sticky shocker one. I'd be hard pressed to believe that Spies actually get anything long range and lethal. What would be the point of coming out of the shadows if you could snipe Mercs all round? Unless they were low damage (to the point of near uselessness) or highly inaccurate, it seems very unlikely to me that it's all what it seems.

I'm interested in seeing a video of an actual round though as there is undoubtedly a lot more to be told. Till then it looks fun and the spies look cooler than DA, which isn't saying much on both fronts. 4v4 could be interesting, especially if that was simply the max and other maps were more geared towards smaller groups.
If you haven't noticed, I'm REALLY good at making a simple response into a wall of text.
-----------------------
xFire:Cronkbot | Steam:Cronky

Pusianka

Good point there cronky, none of the spies used the guns in this trailer, so it could be the oldschool stickyshocker. I am very negative, because, I haven't seen any nice neckbreaks ^^ waiting for more, definetly not crossing it out yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa_jqxnn4o

"- It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
- Hit it."

Zedblade

Based solely on the reveal trailer, I'm not really interested in what was shown off. With it being 4 on 4 and just the way they shot the video it looked more like a slightly stealthy version of a Call of Duty MP mode, which is not what I was hoping for.

RisokunAraiguma

Better than what we have so far, let's hope it lives at least the double of what Conviction was.