Tick Tock (neckbreak, ledge climbing, wallpaper)

Started by frvge, July 17, 2009, 03:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farley4Fan

Quotebecause the time is running out.

What time?  Like time until MSUC?  Just a question, what do you guys want to have done or expect to have done for MSUC?  Is this motivation for working harder/faster?  Hey whatever gets you guys out of bed in the morning works for me.  It's just that I'd rather not see the mod suffer because you are shooting for a time frame.

animation looks pretty good so far.  Good work fellas.

LoChang

Agreed with above posters, but I think you guys are doing a great job.  Looks fantastic and potentially everything we wanted from the game the whole time.

goodkebab

MSUC  serves as  a motivation to meet a deadline,  with the added bonus of excellent prizes if we can come up to snuff.  If sucessful,  it can possibly open doors for us to dedicate fulltime work on it.

I dont think we are rushing things,  because nobody is spending overtime on this,  and having MSUC as a goal  is really helping us focus.

As far the animations are concerned,  the non-textured ones should never have been made public.  The textured one is from yesterday.  

And like i said before,  animation is its own artform and takes a great deal of skill/talent.  So if you can find a skilled animator willing work on this project,  that would of course be a great help.

I <3 U

the thing that i noticed the most is how easy the spy makes it look, almost as if no force was required what so ever to snap the neck, and the mercs hands being by his side.

but tbh, aslong as the animations resemble the actions in game and are not hidiously unrealistic (which they arent), it wont bother me that much if they dont look "natural" or whatever, because in the end it wont effect the gameplay and thats all i really care about.

LoChang

scope2005

looks good enough to me, very well done.

I agree with other posters regarding lack of merc resistance during snap but its a minor detail.
If you guys tried getting getting every detail perfect for release then you wouldn't ever release the mod.

Keep up the good work :)

Farley4Fan

WTF?!?

So I was browsing for the Conviction forum thinking there might be some new info there.  And I found that there is a forum named Tick Tock on the Ubisoft forums?  Wat de fack!!!

There must be some sort of copyright infringement!  Investigate them!  And until the investigation is completed, NO speak of Ubisoft in any shape or form.

It's only fair.

Bubbaganoosh

You are acomplishing a goal which is taking out the merc by snapping his neck. I for one think it looks
great for being animated by hand. If you want realism then book them a motion capture studio.
"It is a well-documented fact that if you smoke weed you will become a terrorist."  - Farley4Fan
Well it made me lol.

Westfall

well, I would hope that the merc isn't going to dig his gluts into my pelvis as I snapped his neck.

Spekkio

While I agree that most of the released animations are far from perfect, in fairness we probably have too high expectations of the PS team. We are expecting a professional, polished product from amateurs who are making a mod in their spare time.

frvge

Tick Tock
Tick Tock

Resuming operation...
Opening socket...OK
Securing socket... OK
Synching with data server... OK
Fetching comments... OK

Displaying comments: "sry for not being exactly on time. It was still uploading"

Transmitting data:

Sending data chunk #4:
Spy and Merc wallpaper (1.5MB, 1440x875)

Sending data chunk #5:
Ledge Climbing (58MB)

Mirrors:
Coming soon

Closing socket... OK
Shutting down
Quote from: savior2006SCDA has more bugs than a rain forest.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

LennardF1989

@Papa skull: The TickTock forum is for Ubisoft's new game called like that, it was launched on Facebook.

"We've been a leader in the art of making games for many years, and we're happy to bring the Ubisoft experience to Facebook.

Our first application, TickTock, is about leveraging user generated content to interact with your friends, and itââ,¬â,,¢s the first of many applications that weââ,¬â,,¢re building for our UbiFriends portal."

@frvge: Please update your logo... NOW! You keep using it all the time.

frvge

We had another vid, but that one was meh. Also had to do some last-minute editing on the released vid, so that's why it's 5 mins late :(.
Treat your customers with respect you make more customers. Treat your customers like pirates, you make more pirates.

Zedblade

lol, the spy fell into the floor in that vid. whoever is making that map is a freaking noob loser.

oh wait.

frvge