****New Spy Gadget Idea ****

Started by AgentX_003, September 01, 2008, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westfall

Quote from: Rambo on September 01, 2008, 08:07:44 PM
camnet can easily be balanced by the right placement (which zed is easily capable of), there's simply no need to nerf the gadget itself (especially not in this way cause the pros flip through the rooms only very quickly anyways). besides, camo will get a boost and camnet will probably loose special visions.

I forgot you were a pro and got paid to play the game. Right placement is fine and expected. Duration should be nerfed because sometimes you don't just flip through quickly. Sometimes the best way to expose is to sit and wait, which I myself have encountered more times than the usual flipping through. Even with loss of visions and a boosted camo, there should still be a time limit or battery supply. Infinite gadget makes NO sense, especially if it is as powerful as a camera over the entire room.

Gawain

so, the new counter against active camnet would be sitting around in a blind spot waiting till the draining battery forces the merc to do something else?? sounds like fantastic gameplay for me...
this idea is just as bad as making camo drain less energy while not moving: it helps the noobs and hurts the pros (pros wouldn't waste time waiting for the camnet battery to run out while noobs play stealth slowly anyways). oh and if you don't like infinte gadgets, what about hbs?

Spekkio

I'm of the opinion that HBS should drain the gun's battery.

Generally, I don't think material should be removed, but the more I think about it the more I think camnet needs to just go.

Ion.67

I think HBS and Camnet should be inf.

I just do.

That's all.

I <3 U

I don't mind this idea, but tbh i can't see anyone taking it over bullets / hbs etc.

I think if were going to add a "new" gadget it should be the pistol EMP thing, from co-op. That was the best gadget idea weve had. It would take two to use it properly, and encourage teamplay. I think it should be a compulsory gadget. Spies should be shown on EMF when using it and should not be able to move while using it. It should have a maximum range, so that it cant be used from one side of the map to the other, however the range should still allow cam-nets to be "hit" with it. It should silently temporarily disable electrical devices (cameras, cam-net, spy traps etc, but not mines) but only when the EMP thing is activated and pointed at the electrical object you wish to disable. When something has been disabled a "Security Failure" message should be shown in the mercs hud.

Suggestions? I know this has already been discussed but id like to bring it up again.

PS: Sorry for kindof hijacking the thread.

Gawain

once again, no need for more fancy gadgets. if you think the emp pistol idea is good, just give the sticky shocker this ability.

I <3 U

Quote from: Rambo on September 02, 2008, 07:38:00 PM
once again, no need for more fancy gadgets. if you think the emp pistol idea is good, just give the sticky shocker this ability.

Yeh thats what i meant. And Westfall is right. Camnet, even with the standard vision is to OP. The battery of the Camnet should be dependant on distance. The closer you are the less battery it takes up, while the furthur you are the faster it drains. EMP'ing camnets with the gun should disable it, as should chaff. Standard shooting it shouldn't though, otherwise Camnet becomes to weak. Atleast with the EMP thing two spies will be needed to disable it, and one spy will be stationary.

Gawain

it's only op on some maps where it's placed that it can basically see everything (factory, polar). camnet is totally balanced on other maps like club, orph, etc.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Rambo on September 02, 2008, 09:00:12 PM
it's only op on some maps where it's placed that it can basically see everything (factory, polar). camnet is totally balanced on other maps like club, orph, etc.

but totally annoying how tiny they made the laser on it, makes me wanna break the damn thing :/.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD

I <3 U

I know what you mean but i still think its OP because you cant disable it or anything.

Gawain

it's balanced because it's limited by the fovs of the cams (so there are always the same blind spots) and the merc using it has to waste time and stand still (which kinda makes him an open target blind for his own sector). on most maps, backpack > camnet easily, and with spytraps getting a little boost things could look different, too.

Spekkio

Camnet is "balanced" on orphanage? If by "balanced," you mean useless, sure.

Balanced or not, camnet makes gameplay shitty.

Westfall

Quote from: Spekkio on September 03, 2008, 06:46:28 AM

Camnet is "balanced" on orphanage? If by "balanced," you mean useless, sure.

Balanced or not, camnet makes gameplay shitty.

I do agree. Camnet should be gone, but it seems like its staying. Its hilarious that he said it was balanced on orph

Quote from: Rambo on September 02, 2008, 12:47:24 AM
so, the new counter against active camnet would be sitting around in a blind spot waiting till the draining battery forces the merc to do something else?? sounds like fantastic gameplay for me...
this idea is just as bad as making camo drain less energy while not moving: it helps the noobs and hurts the pros (pros wouldn't waste time waiting for the camnet battery to run out while noobs play stealth slowly anyways). oh and if you don't like infinte gadgets, what about hbs?

I totally forgot about hbs. I'm pretty sure the devs were going to do something about that tho. Should camnet be silent when switching back and forth to ensure that the spy is completely unaware of its use and have to pay attention to its outline? And making camo drain less while not moving was actually quite a good idea. If you want to consider bad ideas, think about your eq loss thread for deaths...right, pure brilliance there. I'm saying no gadget should be infinite....this does include hbs. It just doesn't make sense. Instead ppl whore both items....im also not saying that the energy drained can't refill itself (like current SS). You just have to be good on your timing in using certain gadgets....they shouldn't last forever.

Succubus Dryad Of The Undying Comet

Flashlight batteries should need to be replaced.

AgentX_003

Quote from: Liqu1D_133 on September 03, 2008, 07:44:01 AM
Flashlight batteries should need to be replaced.

if thats the case , then flares would be of use.

-Thanks Murdy for da Sig <3  xD