Main Menu

Game Design Major

Started by Outcas7, November 20, 2006, 10:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outcas7

I am a student at UCCS and I am now a Game Design major.  Sadly, I don't know much yet in terms of programming and modeling, but I would love to see how things work out here!  My professor told me that this would be a great learning experience, so if you guys would let me I would love to learn.

iservealot

Well I am sure that if you post your contact information (like xfire or MSN) then people who have time might add you, and you can ask them questions.

You can add me if you like on xfire. Though I basically only know Unreal Engine and a *little* bit on max and PS, I would be glad to share with you anything I can.

xfire: moosexllama
msn: anamadavis@attbi.com

MacBryce

Quote from: Outcas7 on November 20, 2006, 10:39:57 PM
I am a student at UCCS and I am now a Game Design major.  Sadly, I don't know much yet in terms of programming and modeling, but I would love to see how things work out here!  My professor told me that this would be a great learning experience, so if you guys would let me I would love to learn.

It would be a great learning experience but we're looking for experience and not just learners. We're not offering internships; we need people that can do stuff without needing too much assistance. If you want to learn how a game is developed than you should contact a professional developer and ask them if you can work for them as a student. Lots of companies are happy to get someone that helps out a bit here and there for free.

So where can we go from here? If you've got enough skill as a modeller, level designer or programmer to actually help out, then put up something that shows what you can do here and we'll see if we've got a spot for you.