Main Menu

Programmer

Started by LennardF1989, August 11, 2007, 10:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennardF1989

Please stay ontopic...

Though, I admit that that may be cool, but the intro clearly tells you there were Modellers working on the game... Anyway, please stop the discussion about kkrieger here...

Bionic-Blob

Quote from: Kok4f4n on August 12, 2007, 04:33:25 PM
It models the objects itself based on some crazy algorythms and stuff.

no. modellers made the models. stored the actions they used to get them of which the game uses to rebuild the model on startup. (like maya MEL)

same with the textures.

LennardF1989

Quote from: Bionic-Blob on August 12, 2007, 05:12:45 PM
Quote from: Kok4f4n on August 12, 2007, 04:33:25 PM
It models the objects itself based on some crazy algorythms and stuff.

no. modellers made the models. stored the actions they used to get them of which the game uses to rebuild the model on startup. (like maya MEL)

same with the textures.

Agreed, now quit about it... Pretty please with creame sucre on top  :-*

iservealot

Quote from: LennardF1989 on August 12, 2007, 02:30:52 PM
Do you know the link of the website about RoboBlitz modding? It was some kind Wiki I believe,

http://www.roboblitz.com/RoboBlitzEditorWiki/index.php/Main_Page is the site. Though, it's not really THAT helpful, it can help beginners.

because, I wanna try to make a mod (by using the -mod=MyMod command line) for Roboblitz, but the strucutre is all different from Unreal 2 Engine (like System = Binaries, and everything is in other places).
I am not sure if the -mod=blah command will still work with UE3. But you might be able to get away with changing the INI to look at whatever base classes you changed.

I also noticed that for some reason, I can't get that command-line to work with the runtime version (and etaher roboblitz).
Command line where? If you are refering to "UCC" type command like, you have to update your Robo game to 1.1. Then make a shortcut to .exe and add -make to the startup shortcut. It will open a "UCC" type command then and rebuild scripts. Also, when you start the game whenever you change the scripts, it should ask you "scripts have been changed, do you wish to recompile?"

Do you know how the *mod.ini should be called for the Runtime version?
IDK, but I am assuming you refer to it in your scripts. Might wanna ask BakerCo or search google.
Ps. With 'you' I actually mean 'someone' ;)

My idea was to 'make-a-start'... Like, using the commandline, then a simple menu where you cna load a level, and in that level I will do something (don't know what)... But I want to make a start of a Total Conversion. From the start, you can go and expand it...
Just keep in mind that the majority of the menu is done by level designers in UE3 Editor. It has significantly changed from UE2.

Another website you might want to use for reference is UDN. google it.

LennardF1989

Ok...

Anyway, I would like some time to explore the posibilities a bit (of the engine, how the structure is, how to make starts, etc.)... Since I'm totally unfamilair with it.

Overstatement

Quote from: LennardF1989 on August 12, 2007, 02:30:52 PM
Do you know how the *mod.ini should be called for the Runtime version?

They should be persistent variables/classes that are binded to a .ini file by using config(Type) in your class definition. Like:

class MyClass
config(game);

LennardF1989

N o, I mean, I readed somewhere that if you want to make a TC, Unreal 2 Engine (I use this as learning base) uses a Utk2mod.ini (in Unreal Tournament 2002) file which is used to display the mod in the Mods-list. I was wondering if it was possible to do a smae thing for the Runtime version, since I couldn't get the game to run a mod of the commandline (with this I mean a -mod=MyMod entry in your shortcut to the game's exectuable).

Overstatement

I don't know about that but the game chooses which mod to play by (in order):
LevelInfo's GameInfo(not actual name) variable,
Some ini somewhere (when above is not set).

but who knows? My info is not UT2k specific.